Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2003, 08:53 AM   #11
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Since when [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ?
Old 04-21-2003, 08:55 AM   #12
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

What? It is not? Shuuu!! Than I was not good enough,but as I said MMM did the job...
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 08:56 AM   #13
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie:
To Rataxes:

I found one of your posts where you mentioned that you plan to solo R/C. Did you beat Imp. Irenicus on Insane ?
I don't think I ever followed through with that plan actually Got interested in full party games by then and I made my R/C's the protoganists of those parties instead, still one of my favourite classes [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2003, 09:26 AM   #14
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
Cheese ahead: Time-Stop ---> Shapechange ---> Mindflayer..
His solo Ranger/Cleric may have some trouble pulling that one off, though...

[ 04-21-2003, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Alson ]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 09:29 AM   #15
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Agreed Alson, but I was revering to Sir Exxons way to beat him up... (not sure he used this cheese but its a common tactic versus Wraith of Wraith)
Old 04-21-2003, 10:21 AM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Other popular tactics include making the Wraith of Wrath cry like a baby under a swarm of Mordenkainen's Swords... but since,

1) Leslie is playing no-summons
2) R/C cannot get MSwords anyway

Energy Blades should be useful, but they have a tendancy to run out fast unless you dedicate a lot of spell slots to them, and this might prove problematic for stage 2 and 3 of the fight.

Slings can surprisingly be your saviour here. One Sling of Avoreen, some +2 enchanted bullets and an Oil of Speed. This way, you can conserve your level 7 spell slots.

If you insist on using Energy Blades... put the Flail of Ages in your off-hand before you cast the spell.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:38 AM   #17
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Yes - nice suggestions !

Critical Strike would also help, maybe I'll take one or two. And how about Sling of Seeking + Righteous Magic + Critical Strike ?
Old 04-21-2003, 10:44 AM   #18
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie:
Critical Strike would also help, maybe I'll take one or two.
Critical Strike is awesome versus Improved Somethings. Be sure to collect as many Improved Hasting items as you possibly can.

Quote:
And how about Sling of Seeking + Righteous Magic + Critical Strike ?
Not bad! I would take Avoreen or Everard over Seeking, though, as they also add STR bonus while equipped with magical bullets. And throw a DUHM while you're at it, too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:57 AM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Sling of Arvoreen beats the Sling of Everand in terms of damage. The SoE may be +5 enchanted, but its' damage modifier is only a +2 bonus( making it no better than the Sling of Seeking and worse than the Arla's Dragonbane +3). The SoA on the other hand, has a +4 bonus damage modifier.

I am not really a fan of Critical Strike, and much prefer the combination of Improved Haste + Greater Deathblow. This enables you to laugh at many things, including Beholders and Illithids... even the Improved versions of them. Ever wish you could kill 6-9 Illithids in one round? Now you can.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 11:25 AM   #20
daan
Silver Dragon

Well ... Critical strike atleast lets you hit The wraith, as that's a pretty tricky thing to do. I hope slings work for you,.. since the wraith is pretty fast. My Archer had a pretty hard time dealing with him and he was Improved Hasted for the first couple of rounds ... though he had to watch out for all the other enemies too at that time, didnt give him a lot of breathing space.

I guess the improved Irenicus is probably the R/C - Wizardslayer/Thief 's nightmare, since there are two enemies that completely nullify their great resistances. Str_ and Con.-drain arrent funny [img]smile.gif[/img]

Newayz .. i just noticed I'm not adding anything to the topic, so I'll just wish you good luck

EDIT: In general I love Greater Deathblow too though. An improved hasted Archer using it and suddenly Improved Illithid and MindFlayers arent that Improved anymore

[ 04-21-2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: daan ]