Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2003, 10:14 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Neverwinter Nights SoU v1.32 English

Patch details:
Neverwinter Nights Game
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- Made some fixes to prevent game/character/server hacking. Sorry, but we will never publically discuss specific changes to the game with regards to hacking the game.
- Added some safety checks to the CD checking code. Hopefully this will prevent silly messages from Windows asking you to insert your NWN CD into your hard drive. Doing this might void your hard drive's warranty.
- Fixed a nasty frame rate killing bug - if you fired lots of missile weapons with some form of added damage (eg. fire) eventually your frame rate would slow to a crawl.
- Made a fix to wounding.
- Fixed some display issues in the internet multiplayer server list:
- older servers are not listed (some were being shown)
- newer servers are listed, but the Connect button is disabled
- if you don't have the required expansion pack(s) for the listed server the Connect button is disabled
- Details page shows XP requirements in the version number slot (eg. "7041 + XP1 + XP2") and is highlighted in red if you don't meet the requirements

2DA Files Changed in this Update:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-
none

Please visit the Neverwinter Nights Community Site at:

http://nwn.bioware.com/

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 08:03 AM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
- Added some safety checks to the CD checking code. Hopefully this will prevent silly messages from Windows asking you to insert your NWN CD into your hard drive. Doing this might void your hard drive's warranty.
So *that's* why my hard drive aint working. And I trusted Windows.
Quote:
- Details page shows XP requirements in the version number slot (eg. "7041 + XP1 + XP2") and is highlighted in red if you don't meet the requirements
I really like this change. Prior to this patch you would be almost logged on to the server before it notified you that you didn't have the appropiate expansion pack. Annyoing.

Thanks Z for reminding us to update.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:07 PM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for the heads up! This patch was kind of weird. It only had a beta1. Hum I wonder what old Bioware is up to?

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:14 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Kewl! And yes the XP notification is great, about bloody time!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:30 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Kewl! And yes the XP notification is great, about bloody time!
You said it! That is something I've been wishing for since SoU-thinking IT was going to allow that. now, lets get auto download of custom content. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:34 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I know, I've been saying that since I saw how Bio were notifying people of their need for the expansion. Like Stratos said you literally are halfway into the module before you find out whether it's SOU, it kinda surprised me how dumb they'd be with this.

Yes the auto-downloading will change the face of MP here at NWN's although it look like it ain;t ever gonna happen doesn't it?
Old 09-25-2003, 05:50 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

So...if a person does not have SoU...does this download cause trouble or make something unusable, or can people that do not have the expansion even have access to this download? I is confused.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:10 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No they need to get 1.32 Live. http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch.html (original NWN English)

[ 09-25-2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 09-25-2003, 07:16 PM   #9
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Larry_OHF what I believe they are saying for hakpaks. Like in halflife. If you connect into a map and do have have something it auto downloads it to you. The catch is with NWN it would probably just do hakpaks and not whole patches.

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:51 PM   #10
dominions
Elminster

This patch sucks! The Secret Wall Doors in my module worked fine up until I patched, then afterwards they started to 'appear' as soon as someone entered the area (but was nowhere near). Arrrrggghhhh!
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote