Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 05:53 PM   #181
Masklinn

You should try and come ! They predict a nice hot summer this year ! Nothing really new around here, but the sun hitting on Notre-Dame is still a cool thing to see.

Be careful on our airports though...they have the bad habit to collapse on people these days.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:39 PM   #182
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Yeah, too bad about that airport -- and it was a newly-renovated portion wasn't it?

Anyway, I'm glad Pritchke and Promethius got that sorted out. I thought I was going to have to help both of them get their panties out of a bunch. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] *runs* [img]graemlins/shooter18.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2004, 05:54 AM   #183
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by promethius9594:
thank you timber loftis, for pointing out some key issues.

second, to everyone else, almost everyone here trash talks america and/or its government ALL the time... so if an honest question about what Masklinn thinks is good on france's part is bannable, most of you should already be LONG gone, masklinn included for insinuating that the american government has done nothing of merit to deserve support from its people.

(snip)

maybe if you all would stop being so hateful to america you would see how stupid it sounds when you trash on america left and right and then cry if someone even asks the slightest thing about why another country is "better than us." Timber, I'm starting to see your point, maybe this 'current events' forum should be renamed "I HATE AMERICA"
Can you give us an example of where you have seen people bashing America or Americans. I bash the Bush administration because it's taking a dump and the rest of us are getting covered in shit. I believe your government to be seperate from the people, creeds and customs of America.

It would seem that you and some other Americans here do not make that distiction.

A clear case of cognitive dissonance!

[ 05-26-2004, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-26-2004, 07:03 AM   #184
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Skunk:
quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
It also gave Britain the metric system...the best thing to come out of Europe
Tell that to my dearly departed grandmother - she never got over the change.... [/QUOTE]

@TL: what exactly is a valley girl?

@promethius

The reason that everybody opposed the invasion of Iraq was because the Bush administration tried to pass it off as being part of the war on terror and the American public largely bought the story. The whole world can see that Iraq was about the Bush family vendetta against Saddam, US control of Middle-East oil and safeguarding the US military presence in the Middle-East.

If America had tried to invade a proper threat to world peace like North Korea for example, you would have had the wholehearted support of most nations. Linking France's anti-war stance with oil ignores the fact that the rest of the world felt the same way because Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terror.

Europe and the rest of the world are 100% behind the War on Terrorism. That's why the war in Iraq was opposed. Now hundreds of billions of dollars, and hundreds of thousands of troops will be wasted and held up in Iraq, when they could have done so much to combat terrorism elsewhere.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:52 AM   #185
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

if you want to read what has been said about america and americans, then look through the forum histories. i dont have time to look all that stuff up again... why not a taste though?

You are seriously deluded if you believe Australians sitting in government would kill their representees. You've seriously misjudged the social climate of my nation. It's not America. Conspiracy theories are for you guys.

It's a democracy. The move against guns was one driven by the majority opinion. We're not America. We don't need guns to feel safe. We don't need nuclear bombs to feel safe.

boy, i love how warm and fuzzy that one makes me feel... glad he's so kind to americans.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:56 AM   #186
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

If you want to know what a Valley Girl is, rent Clueless or check out the TV show "OC" or watch Beverly Hills 90210 reruns. These won't give you an exact picture, but they're the closest I can think of at the moment. "The Valley" is a geographic area east of Los Angeles.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #187
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Promethius, toughen up. If you get over the fact these people insult the US, then you can realize that you can get away with "in-kind" insults back at them. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

erm.... sorry, curtain pulled too far open -- I'll put it back. bye.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:07 AM   #188
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Promethius, toughen up. If you get over the fact these people insult the US, then you can realize that you can get away with "in-kind" insults back at them. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

erm.... sorry, curtain pulled too far open -- I'll put it back. bye.
Timber!!!!!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-26-2004, 10:18 AM   #189
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by promethius9594:
thank you timber loftis, for pointing out some key issues.

second, to everyone else, almost everyone here trash talks america and/or its government ALL the time...
Almost everyone?
ALL the time?

I don't think so!

Your Government stinks but the vast majority of the people are fine. I don't agree with your views on guns, but it's your country. I don't like the death penalty as a matter of principal but that's for you lot to decide. I love the idea of universal health care free at the point of use, but so what?
Old 05-26-2004, 10:51 AM   #190
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I suppose you like a 17% VAT, too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Regardless, that's a lot of issues in a post telling us how you think we are fine.