Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 07:38 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Just wondering what the weather is all over this world of ours, seemed that this would be a good place to ask

Here in Virginia U.S.A. we have had an extreme warm front come through, bringing temps at least 25 degrees F higher than normal. Today was 85 Degrees F!!!! Tomorrow it will be 90 they say!!! Two weeks ago I was griping at how the temperature dropped 30 degrees within a matter of hours and it stayed cold for a week, now it has done the opposite and it is shorts and ceiling fans weather! Hard to adjust, but I'm not complaining, would prefer the warmth to the cold anyday [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, here is a temperature conversion chart for F and C:

http://virtualnurse.com/nana/tempchart.html

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-15-2002, 07:50 PM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well it will get pretty warm down here in Mt. G.... Unfortunately the Fly's are already out and buzzing around in all directions.... Could b an interesting day [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2002, 07:57 PM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well warm weather has officaly arivided here in texas. It will last till november,hehe.

It was about 80 F here. Partially cloudy, nice day if you just want to sit outside but it gets rather warm if you start doing somthing.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:01 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
It's getting all nice and cool and autumny here in Brissie. I've been wearing jeans to uni instead of shorts, though I can still get away with sleeveless tops. Good thing too, sleeves, eugh . Just the way I like it, and it's rained a few times too, sun gets so boring after endless days of it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2002, 08:19 PM   #5
Epona
Zartan

Cold and overcast the last couple of days here in London - and a light shower this evening
Old 04-15-2002, 08:26 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Well it will get pretty warm down here in Mt. G.... Unfortunately the Fly's are already out and buzzing around in all directions.... Could b an interesting day [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know what you mean, is the worst thing that comes with the warm weather, bugs!! Mosquitos especially. If you find yourself in a wooded or bushy or grassy area, the mosquitos eat you alive around here. I remember a two summers ago when we lived in this woodsy surrounded house, I'd go out to the pond to feed the fish, just would run top speed, toss in food, run back inside. Still got bit at LEAST three times. Damn bites would itch for at least a week, and when the bump went down, this red rash took its place, kinda creepy, cause we have that West Nile Virus frequently here Of course, you can spray down with DEAT (an ingredient in many bug spray repellants), works well if you spray it everywhere on every single inch of your body (those bugs I swear can find a dime sized area that you missed with the spray and hone in on it!). Thing is, it is poison you are spraying on your skin, I don't use that stuff often cause it says on the spraycan not to keep it on your skin but for so long, ack. What happens if you do? ?

Roaches, ticks, mosquitos, three bugs that I'd personally like to see wiped off the planet, as they have no useful function as far as I can see vs. other bugs. Just my thoughts on the subject. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-15-2002, 08:35 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Shit Wendy! When I was in Romania I got bitten by so many mosquitos it was unreal! I had deet impregnated wrist and ankle bands, and sprayed myself with this herbal repellant so I stank - and the damn things still nailed me - by the end of my month there I had over 80 bites on me - itched like hell, mostly on my feet and ankles.

I have tried 100% Deet too, and it doesn't keep them off me
Old 04-15-2002, 08:40 PM   #8
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Well I would reply LadyZ, but as you know I'm experiencing exactly the same weather you are with good reason [img]smile.gif[/img] I guess it finally decided to start being Summer eh? This week's going to heat up still further I think. I did havea question though - is there ever a Spring in the DC area? It always feels like the weather goes

coldcoldcoldCOLDCOLDERBLOODYCOLDFREEZINGcoldFREEZI NGsnow
BLOODYCOLDcoldFREEZINGhotCOLDcoldercoldHOTfreezing HOTcold
HOTcoldcoldcoldHOTcoldHOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHEATWAVEfor6m onths..

or is that just me?

[ 04-15-2002, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Asphyxiate ]
Old 04-15-2002, 08:43 PM   #9
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Here we have 2 temperatures, dry hot, and rainy hot... its dark, with partial clouds, and rainy hot at 8:38 pm in Cuba... oh and the moon is orange...
Old 04-15-2002, 10:35 PM   #10
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Blue sky, some big fluffy clouds, possible shower.. pretty much sums up Sydney right now [img]smile.gif[/img] .