Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 06:32 PM   #21
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
LSHISMDAOMK!

hehe, any guesses?
Laughing So Hard I Spewed My Drink All Over My Keyboard?

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-15-2002, 06:32 PM   #22
Azred
Drow Priestess

I don't speak in slang in real life; thus, I do not use slang when online. I also keep my opinion of those who overuse slang to myself.... My son comes home from school using slang every now and then and it just drives me up the wall! I am constantly correcting "I seen _whatever_" and preventing the use of "cool" as the only adjective in the English language. I'm quirky that way, I guess.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:42 PM   #23
NihilisticCrusader
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Internet slang was made for chat rooms. It makes typing twenty times faster and lets you get your point across without making everyone wait. But outside, why bother? it just confuses people and isn't really necessary.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:24 PM   #24
Glorfindel

Ok Saz Ill try green 4 a while [img]smile.gif[/img] .... neway does ne1 know y ha;f tha thim I cant even et down to the bottom of the page... it always says it had a failure in maximum execution time of 30 seconds So I cant get far down the page

and I just thought of anotha one:

ne = any
ne1= anyone
neway = anyway
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2002, 07:28 PM   #25
Glorfindel

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
I don't speak in slang in real life; thus, I do not use slang when online. I also keep my opinion of those who overuse slang to myself.... My son comes home from school using slang every now and then and it just drives me up the wall! I am constantly correcting "I seen _whatever_" and preventing the use of "cool" as the only adjective in the English language. I'm quirky that way, I guess.
I guess that might b y I started typin slang.... I (being an Aussie Teen [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Slang ever word I possibly can [img]tongue.gif[/img] but mayb that is just me [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 04-15-2002, 07:34 PM   #26
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
I guess that might b y I started typin slang.... I (being an Aussie Teen [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Slang ever word I possibly can [img]tongue.gif[/img] but mayb that is just me [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Good grief, that is even worse! Why do you feel the need to have a different colour, least of all one no-one can read! Pick a LIGHT colour, pleeeeze! My eyes aren't as young as they used to be [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2002, 07:55 PM   #27
Glorfindel

AH! Thats worse?? Umm ok well Ive bin usin teal 4 a while... so can some1 tell me what sort of greens there are other than light green? [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: wonder if aqua is a colour.
EDIT: orange [img]smile.gif[/img] ... aqua is same as cyan

[ 04-15-2002, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Glorfindel ]
Old 04-15-2002, 08:08 PM   #28
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
AH! Thats worse?? Umm ok well Ive bin usin teal 4 a while... so can some1 tell me what sort of greens there are other than light green? [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: wonder if aqua is a colour.
EDIT: orange [img]smile.gif[/img] ... aqua is same as cyan
Try these:

spring green
pale green
medium spring green
lime green
lawn green
medium sea green

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Woah. The word green is starting to look completely meaningless [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

[ 04-15-2002, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Aelia Jusa ]
Old 04-15-2002, 08:16 PM   #29
Glorfindel

Thanks heaps Aelia... and guess what everybody.... I am now working on cleaning up my act and not using slang anymore [img]smile.gif[/img] . Im gonna try to type properly.... but of course your still gonna have me saying gonna
Old 04-15-2002, 08:19 PM   #30
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Im gonna try to type properly.... but of course your still gonna have me saying gonna
And spell 'you're' wrong... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LOL! Trust Glorfindel to pick the most toxic colour of the lot . I blame myself