Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2003, 11:02 AM   #1
Dirznolu Ousghym
Elite Waterdeep Guard

whats FF Tactics Advance (GBA) like? is it n e gud cos it cums out in the UK on friday and i want to know wheater its worth the money to buy...so, whas'it like?
Old 10-23-2003, 11:16 AM   #2
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

I don't have it, but I think it's pretty much the same as the Playstation game... don't have that one either though, but I think it's quite great (and there should be reviews of it around).
Old 10-23-2003, 03:26 PM   #3
Beoulve
The Magister

FFT-A is a very dummied down strategy RPG. It feels to me that it was made to try to bring people into the genre with something really easy.

The game itself is alright. The nature of these types of games is appealing enough to me as is, so maybe that's why I've played it as much as I have. It's worth a checkout, for sure, but I would place more emphasis on trying to locate a copy of the original FFT or perhaps Disgaea or Tactics Ogre.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:13 PM   #4
Niadh
Elminster

If you played Tactic Ogre (hard to get for UK) it is like that.

I like it. It has a story line, which is decent so far. Overall it is easy to pick up and use.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote