Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2001, 05:41 AM   #1
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I have heard alot of ppl who have been on this board for awhile say they have not even finished thier first game yet. Is this just because they have only just got the game. I have had this game since about october last year and am going through my 8th game now. Just wondering how many ppl have actualy done the game more than once
Old 05-06-2001, 06:01 AM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I have!
I think what happens is that people want to find the BEST POSSIBLE team combo, so they start, are not happy with what they have after playing awhile, then start over. I have played the game in full twice - but I have played the first dungeon so often that I know it backwards, forwards and sideways and can get through it so fast in real time that I hardly notice it!
Also, I thinks a lot of people like spending LOTS of time in the 'Create' screen, trying to get fantastic attribute scores without cheating, lol! I do that myself!
Third point: we spend so much time on this FORUM we don't have much time to play the actual GAME!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 05-06-2001, 06:16 AM   #3
Floraowe
The Magister

I just started my third today. I'm soloing a f/m/t this time, since I don't have the guts to solo a single class character. Have not played evil yet, so an evil party will be for the 4th time. (I'm also currently going through Planescape again, and will start BG1 again (so I can do DSotSC) after that). Deja vu, anyone?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Floraowe (edited 05-06-2001).]
Old 05-06-2001, 07:03 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I played the game many differend times but i finished it only twice (Cavelier and Sorcerer).
Currently im going for the third time.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 05-06-2001).]
Old 05-06-2001, 08:00 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think a lot of people come here looking for game solutions, fall in love with the forum, and end up never finishing the game!!

I've beaten it four times, twice on insane difficulty. I've started a lot of games and never finished them too.

I was doing a lot of customization but I got kind of bored with that - I want o make sure I'm fresh when I start ToB.

------------------
Old 05-06-2001, 08:17 AM   #6
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I finished the game 7 or 8 times too. I think I only have one unfinished game left (Anti-Paladin as the main PC). Right now I'm playing IWD and HOW for a change of pace.

I just wanted to try something different (after 4 months of game play).

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-06-2001, 03:58 PM   #7
jabidas
Silver Dragon

3 times im so sad
once with a sorcerer
once with a kensi
once with a monk
i got really far with other classes but by far the sorcerer was my favorite he might not get the same amount of items as everyone else but he puts them to great use those extra spell rings robe of vecna and the staff of the magi
oh yeah they are not in order of when i played through just preferance kensai first i put him into that class after bg1 the sorcerer came next he was good fun the monk was just overpowered at the end of it so it got a little dull he demolished bodhi so mast there wasnt much point in her even putting up resistance i think spellcasters get all the laughs

------------------
I Am The Alpha And The Omega
Old 05-06-2001, 04:04 PM   #8
BladeMaster

I have completed the game 7 times working on 8 and 9. Number 8 is a dual class fighter/thief and Number 9 is a monk which I just started

------------------

Taste My Steel- BladeMaster

Old 05-06-2001, 04:08 PM   #9
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

ROFL don't ya'll have jobs and school??

hehe..
Well, im testing characters out for my 3rd run through (so sick of that derned first dungeon)

------------------
~Raif Gwydionson
Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
oxxx[=============>
Old 05-06-2001, 04:53 PM   #10
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
i have finished.....once....i know i am pathtic and not worthy of this board and all that good stuff but i have a real life you know (well i wish i did anyway) i finsihed it wiht a Archer finsihed at 16th level.My party when i got through was

Me
Minsc
Valygar
Jaheria
Imoen
Jan

thye could beat just about anything,Dual mages,4 fighers 1 beaing at tank.3 rangers (me,valygar,minsc) but that kina ties in with the 4 fighters,anyway,it was a pretty good team