Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2001, 12:54 AM   #1
Magness
Quintesson

Edwin comes with an amulet that doesn't have much of a description. However, some have said that this is how he gets his 2 extra spells per level.

Nalia's ring ... I've lost it before. The most likely reason may be that you fought a Nishruu at some point which destroyed the ring. That's how I lost it a while back. Matter of fact, I lost a number of items in that battle. I wasn't aware of how nasty Nishruu's are. Now, I kill Nishruu's on sight. They may not be all that dangerous, but my magic items are just that... mine. Mine, mine, mine!!!
Old 01-17-2001, 12:58 AM   #2
Moriartty

Nishruus are quite evil. I used them on ocassion in fights against powerful mages only to find that there was much less gear to loot from their corpses afterward.

Old 01-17-2001, 10:24 AM   #3
Charlie
Lord Ao

You know the one that you can't remove....well I've lost it... or had it nicked in the Underdark. Does it matter?

Also the Duergar have said that if I cast a freedom spell in the Underdark that I will free an imprisoned mage...I can't. I've cast the spell in a few locations....no joy.
Are they talking about that sphere thing with trapped souls in? Or do I need to find another cavern and cast the spell there?

Any help appreciated.
Old 01-17-2001, 10:39 AM   #4
BLACK KNIGHT

I don't know about the ring, but if you did the freedom spell in the main cave, walk around a little. He should be somewhere near the mirrors.

BK

Old 01-17-2001, 10:41 AM   #5
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks, sounds like I haven't found the main cave yet.

Anyone know about the ring?
Old 01-17-2001, 10:57 AM   #6
Moriartty

Don't worry about the ring. Just about every NPC comes with some kind of gear only they can wear. Its was how BioWare could give the NPC's gear without having it stripped off and the character booted uot the instant you found them.

If they had not done this then annoying NPC's would have only been added to the party long enough to steal their gear then removed again.

By the way, does anyone know what gear Edwin the Red Wizard comes with?

Old 01-17-2001, 01:11 PM   #7
Charlie
Lord Ao

Magness....Spot on.

I fought 2 Nishruu's at the time. I didn't immediately realise, but they nicked her robe and other stuff too.
I thought they only depleted your spells, I'll have to be more careful in future.
Do they steal anything that's magical?.....Christ they could do some wicked work if so.

What's the worst (best) stuff that they've nicked from you guys?

P.S...Thanks for the help to everyone.
Old 01-17-2001, 03:36 PM   #8
G.W.

Battling the slaver lords in the temple district, lil Nalia lost her ring, robe, and +2 short sword. She may have lost her bracers of defense as well. I couldn't understand what happened so I edited these items back in. I guess they were destroyed by the summoned Nisharuu. It may be a bug if no one has seen it effect anyone but Nalia though...

Old 01-17-2001, 10:26 PM   #9
Armisael

In roleplaying terms, Edwin's amulet is only supposed to be a keepsake, since he'd get his extra spells from being a wizard of Thay. It actually is what gives him his spells. Nishruu definitely shouldn't steal magical items, it could really bugger the game up. I thought they were only meant to deplete wands and scrolls.

Old 01-17-2001, 11:39 PM   #10
G.W.

I counted it as a bug. I'd edit the items back into her inventory (but put the ring on her finger or it can't be moved out of her inventory). Or, lose the ring (though it's a very nice item). There are two rings out there who could give her one extra spell from 1-7 plus an extra level 2 spell.