Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2002, 12:17 AM   #1
AZAGTHOTH
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I NEED STRATAGY ON DEFEATING YXUNOMEI CHEATCODES DONT WORK AFTER PATCH IS INSTALLED
Old 01-23-2002, 04:42 AM   #2
Witch King
Dungeon Master

Loads of people have asked this : )
Look round the forum and you'll find how to kill her with what characters you've got.
Old 01-23-2002, 11:45 AM   #3
Durwyn
Elminster

Think strategy my friend.

Get some preists to cast freeze or web spells on her. Anything that will stop her from attacking for some time. And really she's quite easy to beat her, just attack and kill her [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 01-23-2002, 12:02 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The cheat code DO work but they changed the command between IWD and HOW. See my post under "AREA TRANSITION freeze solution".

As for Yuxonomei .. she IS tough.

Here's some tips:

Buff up your party with every protective spell you can muster! Prot from evil, prayer, bless, courage, hope, defensive harmony etc.

When the dialogue begins cast TWO web spells: one on EACH side of the dias where Yux is. That will slow down her Yuan-Ti archers and other minions and keep them off your back for a while!

When I fought her, a group (3 or 4) of Yuan-Ti mages appeared BEHIND the party. Try to take them out FIRST! Their magic will seriously disrupt your spell casters! Be prepared to retreat though if necessary! "There is no valor in death, only death!"

If the mages DO NOT appear behind you, then hit the archers with cloudkill and fireballs. Go for area effect spells on these guys. More bang for the buck!

Also use summoned monsters - as many as you can call up.

Yux herself is HIGHLY magic resistant. SPells wo'nt have much effect so you are going to have to slug it out toe to toe. Make sure you have magical weapons to use against her. Probably +2 or better is needed. THEN have your two best fighters take potions of speed and start whacking the b*tch. Have a cleric close by to heal the fighters as they take damage .. and they will.

Its a tough fight ... one of the toughest in the game.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 01:56 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Odd... I found the fight relatively easy.

*shrug*

Fought her twice so far, with no prior experience and did not need to reload so far. Regarding her Magic Resistance( MR), it does not seem to be very high as I managed to hit her repeatedly with Melf's Acid Arrow and the level 4 spell, Vitrilo(sp?) Acid Sphere.

The thing is... she is a spellcaster, and when the battle starts, she casts some sort of acidic cloud around her, making melee engagements against her painful if pointless. However... she does not come out either, preferring instead to cast spells first so she remains stagnant for 3-4 rounds.

I have a Paladin, a Fighter, a Mage, a Cleric, a Fighter/Thief and an Archer( Fighter).

I made my Cleric cast Free Action on my F/T and my Fighter, since Paladins have good saving throws, I worried less about him. My Archer was equipped with the Apali(sp?) bow, and had 4 attacks per round. He was going to be the one hitting Yxunomei with +2 enchanted arrows. My Mage also kept on casting acid spells on Yxunomei, while my Cleric casted Recitation and other blessing/buffing spells. The rest meanwhile, concentrated on the Yuan-Ti Mages and Archers. By the time Yxunomei decided to come out and 'play', she was almost dead already... so it was a matter of making a ceremonial last stab before she fell down... vanquished.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 08:40 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Dundee, have you fought her in Heart of Fury mode yet? LOL Which fight did you think was the toughest?

Actually, in HOF mode, the single toughest fight I encountered was the level BEFORE her, with the HIGH SUMMONER. Trying to use guerilla tactics in that area (hit em hard, run away when things get nasty, heal and rest to reload spells, hit em again, etc) gave us some NASTY surprises. Turns out that ALL of the summoned monsters that the high summoner was summoning were staying in his room near the exit! When the party finally got there, the room was FULL (and I do mean FULL) of Lizardmen and trolls! It seems that the summoning limits were ignored for the bad guys!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 09:10 AM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

I agree with Micah. My first time through Dragon Eye was really tough on that fourth level; afterwards I somewhat dreaded the level. Weird. However, I found more of the battles in IWD to be tougher than SoA overall.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:52 PM   #8
Tormentor
Manshoon

hmmm i remember i ran away from her, then closed a door so she was locked in there, but i can't remember what i did then to kill her, (probably casted alot of cloudkill?) some elementals perhaps ? i can't quite remember
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 05:39 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Dundee, have you fought her in Heart of Fury mode yet? LOL Which fight did you think was the toughest?

Since this is my first time playing through, I am currently on Core Difficulty. I will most probably up the difficulty level after I play through the game.

Most difficult so far? Eh... fighting the Ogre in the Orc Cave when all my party members were level 1.

One hit kills... not nice. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 01:36 PM   #10
Midget Gems

I thought that you guys might like to hear of my encounter with Yxunomei. My party 'Midget Gems' consists of 4 small people and this is our first time in IWD (note - shouldn't that be vertically challenged adventurers?).

Anyway, knowing of her reputation I was expecting a tough fight, but when it came to it she went down without inflicting a single hit-point on me. I used the well proven method of retreating from danger and I took the precaution of casting Haste so that I could run away fast enough not to get caught. She followed me into the corridor where I picked her off with Arrows +2. Needless to say the monsters that remained in the room were no push-over but we took care of them nicely.

Afterwards I read that weapons at '+3' are needed to hit her, so I guess I was lucky that Bow +1 with Arrows +2 was ideal for the job in hand.