Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2002, 05:49 PM   #41
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
The 80's? THE 80's?!?!?
I swear somewhere back in history we made a huge mistake we payed for by the 80's decade. Home to hair spray heaven, the most ugly collection of clothes known to men and women, lycra tights for women AND men Then we get to the music, whatever travesty we committed to deserve this was surely a historical event, Vanilla Ice *shudder*, Hair spray panatheon of gods Bon Jovi, and to top it off they made the music videos! Those crimes against humankind.....wait I aint even going to go into this further, I prefer my mind to not be liquified by thoughts of that era.
Let us just say there were very very few redeeming acts of the 80's.
I love that quote from Dune in your sig. Have you read Chapter House Dune? I thought it was one of the best. They're all good tho, except God Emporer of Dune which was pretty crap.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:55 PM   #42
Absynthe

Originally posted by Cerek:

Quick MTV trivia question: What was the very first video played on MTV?

"Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles, IIRC.

[ 07-01-2002, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Absynthe ]

Old 07-01-2002, 07:09 PM   #43
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I'm with you on this Sir Kenyth, Gimme METAL!!! The rest was pretty much fag music
Ah-ah! ah-ah! Dude looks like a lady!

Oh no, my Aerosmith quote just reminded myself of A-HA!

Weirdly, the line above reminded me of The Smiths...

I also heard recently that Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel holds the record for most plays on US MTV. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

[ 07-01-2002, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 07-01-2002, 08:10 PM   #44
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I'm with you on this Sir Kenyth, Gimme METAL!!! The rest was pretty much fag music
Ah-ah! ah-ah! Dude looks like a lady!

Oh no, my Aerosmith quote just reminded myself of A-HA!

Weirdly, the line above reminded me of The Smiths...

I also heard recently that Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel holds the record for most plays on US MTV. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
[/QUOTE]Aerosmith was ok, until they put that crap out. Then of course they became a fag band. Peter Gabriel? Errr dont make me say it.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2002, 09:57 PM   #45
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Originally posted by Cerek:

Quick MTV trivia question: What was the very first video played on MTV?

"Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles, IIRC.
DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

Good job, Absynthe...you've won a copy of the above hit in "cas-single" format, along with the complete Back to the Future trilogy on VHS.

You'll also receive the Breakdancing Made Easy video to complete your prize package.

ENJOY.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:36 AM   #46
Cerek the Barbaric

OK, this is buggin' the crap outta me.

I could've SWORN somebody posted that their favorite song was Back In Black, but now I can't find it anywhere.

The reason I ask is because I have a version of Back In Black with Bon Scott on vocals that I was going to send to them.

So help me out and remind me who it was,

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:30 AM   #47
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
OK, this is buggin' the crap outta me.

I could've SWORN somebody posted that their favorite song was Back In Black, but now I can't find it anywhere.

The reason I ask is because I have a version of Back In Black with Bon Scott on vocals that I was going to send to them.

So help me out and remind me who it was,

Thanks.
It was Sir Goulum in the A Quiz To Get To Know Each Other More thread.
Old 07-02-2002, 06:38 AM   #48
Cerek the Barbaric

Thanks, Leonis.

I couldn't remember which thread I saw it in and it was about to drive me bonkers.

I appreciate it.

Aaaaaargghhhh.... apparantly that copy of Back In Black was stored in my old Napster file, which has been deleted. Windows Media 7 will show it on the Playlist, but won't access or play it (I HATE it when it does that - does anybody know how to PURGE invalid titles from the Playlist?). Anyway, the fact that the Playlist still shows it makes me think the Napster file may not be "completely" deleted. It may just be hidden on the hard drive somewhere. I sure hope so, otherwise I will have to download ALL of my music again through Morpheus (my current peer-file-sharing software of choice).

I will send it once I either recover it or get a new copy.

[ 07-02-2002, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]
Old 07-02-2002, 11:07 AM   #49
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Thanks, Leonis.

I couldn't remember which thread I saw it in and it was about to drive me bonkers.

I appreciate it.

Aaaaaargghhhh.... apparantly that copy of Back In Black was stored in my old Napster file, which has been deleted. Windows Media 7 will show it on the Playlist, but won't access or play it (I HATE it when it does that - does anybody know how to PURGE invalid titles from the Playlist?). Anyway, the fact that the Playlist still shows it makes me think the Napster file may not be "completely" deleted. It may just be hidden on the hard drive somewhere. I sure hope so, otherwise I will have to download ALL of my music again through Morpheus (my current peer-file-sharing software of choice).

I will send it once I either recover it or get a new copy.
It shouldn't be gone unless you deleted it deliberately. You may have done this without knowing it. Do a search on your drives for files *.mp3

That should find all your music files. Cut the whole lot of them, and paste them into a common directory. Then create new playlists. My favorite player is WinAmp. It has a good graphic equalizer and is easy to use. It also has lots of features and downloadable options, like the ability to uncompress mp3's to wav files for audio CD compilation. Best of all, it's freeware!
Old 07-02-2002, 11:13 AM   #50
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
I love that quote from Dune in your sig. Have you read Chapter House Dune? I thought it was one of the best. They're all good tho, except God Emporer of Dune which was pretty crap.
Yeah I've read all of the books several times over, one of my favourite series, to properly get your mind around the time span and depth of the series can take a bit of thinking sometimes, just finished reading House Corrino [img]smile.gif[/img]