Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2001, 11:33 PM   #1
One-Eyed Jack

I have just a few questions for anyone that can answer them... currently I am at the docks by the spellhold assylum. Whenever I try to go into spellhold, either by begging that one guy to take me there, or by getting the wardstone.. it never fails to crash. Is there anything that I can do to get past this part? Or can I send it to one of you and you get me past that movie screen that always makes my game crash?

Thanks again guys.

Old 01-03-2001, 12:04 AM   #2
One-Eyed Jack

Is anybody out there?

Old 01-03-2001, 12:28 AM   #3
Aegis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No, it's the only way, upgrade your PC perhaps might help...

Aegis
Old 01-03-2001, 01:26 AM   #4
One-Eyed Jack

Thats the problem, I've got one of those top of the line computers, lol. I even re-installed the full installation thinking it might work but it didn't. Anyone that may have some tips.. PLEASE HELP!

Old 01-03-2001, 01:33 AM   #5
Armisael

So the movie crashes your computer? I'd help, but my email won't let me send files above 100k or some stupid little amount. Give Memnoch a stir.

Old 01-03-2001, 02:24 AM   #6
mildred

This happens to me in some areas. Have you tried reloading the autosave just before spellhold? Also, try quicksaving just before you go in and reload that.

Old 01-03-2001, 02:42 AM   #7
G.W.

Turn off 3D acceleration.

Old 01-03-2001, 02:56 AM   #8
da Chillah

does it crash IN the movie segment or during the transition from game to movie or movie to game?
if u still have probs, even after quicksaving right before u go in, then get back to me and i'll give u my email address

Old 01-03-2001, 03:14 AM   #9
da Chillah

hey, i live in Chicago, and its after 2 am so im headin off to bed - if u want my email still, respond to this, cause im comin back to this site in about 12 hours or so
peace out
g'night

Old 01-03-2001, 02:15 PM   #10
One-Eyed Jack

Whenever I go into spellhold, and the movie sequence starts, all I see is the part where it starts going up towards those doors and the client crashes. If you want to give me your e-mail, i'd be happy to drop you the file. Thanks again guys, i'm going to try turning off the 3d acceleration.