Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2001, 10:15 AM   #1
Highwayman
Welcomed New User

Hi,

My apologies for posting this message here, but this seems to be the closest forum to the first Icewind Dale game.

I recently had a stroke of bad luck with IWD. I completed Chapter 5 (Frost Giant Caves) and wanted to begin with chapter 6 (Lower Dorn's Deep 1) when at first I could not access the Lower Dorn's Deep area as the game would crash on me and give me a 1763 error.

I managed to fix this though with the UK patch, but when I loaded my saved game something horribly went wrong. It seemed like my save games (the few I had) was somehow corrupted.

To make a long story short, now I cannot continue playing and I wouldn't like to start from scratch as it took me quite some time to get to where I was.

Can anyone with a UK version of IWD who has a copy of there saved game after killing Joril in the Frost Giant Caves or before starting Lower Dorn's Deep 1 (Chapter 6) *PLEASE* email me on highwayman@yep.com

You'll be a life saver and your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Highwayman

Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 12:06 PM   #2
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome Highwayman!!!

This is the right place for this post, as we are here to offer help when possible. I cannot help, in this case, but someone should happen by that will be able to.

Good luck with this, and come back and hang out with us, even after you clear up this problem.

"Good Luck!"

------------------
DawnChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 06:57 AM   #3
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

I don't have th UK version, but I may be able to help. Have you tried looking at the cheat sections to see if there is a cheat to transport you to the area? I know that there is a cheat to reveal the map and a cheat to take you at the point your cursos is at. Even with these, you should be able to pass through most of the game fairly quickly. Just reveal a map, go to its end and repeat. Also use Dalekeeper to bring your characters to axactly what they were before your files were corrupted, and to bring in important items. You'll be able to avoid the whole of dragons eye, by importing the heartstone gem, and you'll only have to go to the top of the Severed heart, (which should be fast with the cheats), if you import the four parts of the Astrolabe. There aren't that many areas in IWD, and if you se the cheats to transport at the end of each area, you should be able to pass through fairly quickly.
That is, unless some one hasn't emailed you a saved game. Still if they did remember to use DaleKeeper, to recreate the characters you previously had.
FallenPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 07:23 AM   #4
Highwayman
Welcomed New User

Hi FallenPaladin,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I have thought of doing what you mentioned, but I'm not sure if I have the cheats to create the Heart Gem Stone, and the 4 pieces for the Astrolabe.

I haven't thought of the idea of dalekeeper. This may sound stupid, but how does Dalekeeper work, and where can I find it?

Highwayman

Old 07-06-2001, 10:10 AM   #5
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

Go to http://www.mud-master.com/dalekeeper/Home.html to get Dale Keeper. basically its a program which allows you to edit your characters, changing thir statistics, appearance, Ex points, and inventory items. Really great. Just download, unzip it anywhere and run it. It should detect your IWD directory on its own.
FallenPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 02:56 AM   #6
Highwayman
Welcomed New User

Thanks a million!!

I downloaded dalekeeper, re-created my party with the items they had, and I'm very close to where I was when I lost my saved game files.

Old 07-10-2001, 03:31 PM   #7
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

anpther solution may have been to copy outr your save game files to a new directory; delete and reinstall IWD. Unless you're sure it was the actual game files that got corrupted and not just sme kind of loading error when trying to load up a specific saved game. It wouldn;t suprise me if installing the expansion somehow made the game unstable. perhaps too many items in the Override folder (HoW adds more to that folder) and it just needed to be emptied out?
oh well, i guess you figured something out with Dalekeeper... too bad your party statistics have to start over again
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote