Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2003, 03:37 PM   #11
The Cavalier
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Is this an official release made available for download by TRS, or are we talking about illegal warez now? Just checking...
I'm pretty sure it's offical, either that or hand made by someone (I don't remeber, I found it on a post around here somewhere).
Old 01-19-2003, 05:19 PM   #12
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

If you're just getting into the D&D experience, I wouldn't suggest going with 2nd ed. Lots of people enjoy playing it, only because that's what they're used to. They quit making 2nd ed. after the introduction of 3rd, and 3rd will be around for some time. If what you're saying, however, is that you're using a 2nd ed. character sheet for a 3rd. ed. character, then of course you're confused. Lots of things have changed since the conversion.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:42 AM   #13
The Cavalier
Manshoon

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nanobyte:
If you're just getting into the D&D experience, I wouldn't suggest going with 2nd ed. Lots of people enjoy playing it, only because that's what they're used to. They quit making 2nd ed. after the introduction of 3rd, and 3rd will be around for some time. If what you're saying, however, is that you're using a 2nd ed. character sheet for a 3rd. ed. character, then of course you're confused. Lots of things have changed since the conversion.[/QUOTE

Well, I wanted to play 2nd edition because I finally understand that THACO stuff and all that (I'm a Baldur's Gate 2 fan), but it looks like 3rd edition may be simpler, I dunno. It's probaly easier to find third edtiond stuff now anyway.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:38 AM   #14
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Whichever is best for you. I'm just a little biased towards 3rd because that's all I know.
You can still buy 2nd ed. stuff, they are just harder to find since they are not in production anymore.

One good thing, if you've played BG/BG2 and ID2 you can probably compare, is that 3rd doesn't have race-class restrictions. Either way, I hope you enjoy the gaming experience
Old 01-20-2003, 02:09 PM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

3rd is way easier because all the Special abilities and techniques are sized down into a single thing called a Feat [img]tongue.gif[/img] and you gain feats as you level up, which is slightly realistic, and multiclassing with such feats is simpler too, for example, if you're a fighter for one level and a mage for 19 you can be a strong mage who only gave up one level to be able to wear all forms of armor [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Making up feats can be fun as well though usually stupid. (remember's the half-orks Shine Shine Sun Smach... Talk about Uber Munchkin.. )