Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

This is a true story, but I will not mention the names of the people that it is happening to, out of respect for their privacy. the question is, how would you handle the situation?

A couple married while they were still in high school, out of the marraige came two girls, the man goes away to the war, when he comes home, he finds out his wife cheated on him, so they split up, they both remarry, she moves away to another state, preventing the father to see his children, the man the mother married again, turns out to be abusive towards her and the children, she then has another child from her new husband, after a few years, he stops sleeping with his wife, and sleeps on the couch, which happens to be by the oldest girls room, when she turns 16, he buys her an "adult" toy, saying it is better than her getting pregnant, how would he know she was even active? a few years later, when the girl turns 18, her stepfather beats her for not breaking up with her boyfriend like he told her to, then mother and stepfather seperate, she runs away with him, they come back, and steal the youngest while the mother is at work, police say since he is the father of the child, they can not do anything about it, he then keeps the girl out of school for 3 weeks, and yet the court still allows the father to retain custody, since he filed for divorce first...is it just me, or is the courts really getting their priorities messed up? anyway, among the problems, is the middle child, she lost both of her sisters t othis, the oldest feeling that everyone but her stepfather is just out to get her, the youngest feeling torn between parents, but she choses her father because he does not make her go to school.

how would you handle something like this?

[ 06-13-2004, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 06-13-2004, 12:57 PM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:

*snip*
how would you handle something like this?
Well, I for one would actually use *some* interpunction.

[ 06-13-2004, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 06-13-2004, 02:14 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Me being what, the court? Someone with absolute power to resolve the situation however it needed to be solved? An indignant axe murderer?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:54 PM   #4
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Suit the father for all its worth. If the facts in this story are as presented, correct and no extra facts are withheld, then the father should go to jail or pay heavy fine or whatever tghe judge decides. Beating (not giving a cuff on the head but beating ) is not accepted in a normal society. Stealing the little girl is a problematic matter. How old is she? I think that she should have a say in the matter, or even perhaps even entiteled by law to have one. If the father permits her (or holds her at home) not to go to school for 3 weeks, he trespass on the "education" law or whatever it is called.

According to these facts i believe that the children should go to mother's custody, or the children should decide for themselves where should they like to be.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Old 06-13-2004, 03:00 PM   #5
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Took pity on the first husband because he didn't get to see his children.

As for the second husband... I don't know much about American legal system to say anything.

[ 06-13-2004, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 06-13-2004, 03:11 PM   #6
J'aran
Mephistopheles

That's some seriously messed up family... If I were somehow involved in this, my first response would be to beat the living daylights out of that second husband, but that's not really a sensible option. Something should be done there, although I wouldn't know what or how. I'd advise the mother to get a good lawyer, though.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:46 PM   #7
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

the youngest is 9 years old. yes my thought would be more along the line of showing the other husband how it feels, but that would do more damgage than good. as for a good lawyer, I can only hope she finds one, as far as I know these are the full facts, if she is withholding any information, I do not know.

[ 06-13-2004, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 06-13-2004, 10:20 PM   #8
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Wow there is some serious issues going on there. This is a very complex set of problems and I really think it takes some long hard thought on how to solve this.

One thing who did the step father run away with?? I am a little confused there. And you are saying the father stole the child that he had with the mother right??

Did she have a baby with the new man knowing he is abusive. If so why did she do something like that. This is leading to way to many questions.

I would say a good Lawyer. And for her to let the origianl father to see his two girls might be a step in the right direction.

And why did the mother prevent the kids from seeing there father?? There has to be more to it then what she is saying.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:31 PM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I know this much is for fact, the mother is "punishing" the original husband, bye preventing him seeing the children. because he re-married before she did. as for why she had a child with the abusive man, who knows? as for who ran away, the 18 year old girl ran away with her stepfather. I feel sorry for her most of all, she is confused and belives her real father hates her, and does not want to see her, which is what she has been told her entire life. I am trying to stay neutral in the whole thing, but it is hard because there are young children involved. if it were not for the kids, I would not really care to much, she should get what she deserves for the trouble she caused. she brought the feelings of the oldest girl on herself, allowing the abuse to go on, and telling them their whole lives that their family hates them. I was just asking mainly, how would you respond to something like this. not really this in general, but if someone you know is having trouble like that, what would you do?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:09 AM   #10
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well Stormy I would start by telling the 18 year old that her father really does not hate her and try to get things patched up with the real dad. Then let the 18 year old make her choices after that. And Also do the same with the other daughter as well. Not to sure what her age is? And as for the for the young one that is with the dad that is abusive. I would get childwelfare involved if I could. It is better if she is away from her real dad if he is abusive.

And as for the mom that is not letting her kids see there dad. I would have to talk some sense into her. She seems very childish if that is her reason for not letting her kids see their dad.

This all sounds great but you have to have some one strong to get a plan like this going. When it is all said and done I am sure you will make some enemys.