Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2001, 10:08 AM   #1
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Hello all. I am in the midst of huge life changes that I thought I'd share with you all. If you're not interested, you may leave now.

July 17th, at 7:30 a.m. my husband of 21 years called me while he was away on vacation to tell me he wanted to divorce me. I admit that our marriage wasn't perfect, but this shocked me to my very core. I shook most of that day, but immediately called a good lawyer and began the process. The pain & grief were incredible. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, ever.

Because we have minor children, if either of us had moved out of the house before the offical request for marital dissolution was in place, we would have lost all our rights to custody etc. So, we have continued to live together. Not the most comfortable of situations, but we've managed to be civil and even friendly during these months.

I found a house to buy, signed a purchase agreement, intending to move in November 15th. However, it has taken this long for the divorce to be finalized --- still waiting for the judge's signature on the final papers --- so the house purchase was being delayed. Also need ex-dh to finish re-financing this house, and get the process going for giving me 1/2 of his pension so I can get on with my life. All of this is taking FOREVER and making me quite frustrated. I want to move ON!

And I AM moving on. [img]smile.gif[/img] I finally realized that I don't have to continue to live here in the middle-of-nowhere-Minnesota! I was only living here because of my husband's job & security. Those are no longer factors in my life. SO, I have quit my job, and battled all my local friends about my decision to move to Seattle Washington on November 10th. They are all convinced that I've lost my mind --- which I assure everyone I have not (not that I ever 'had' it to lose ). I have rented a house, and am certain I will find a job in short order. I am very excited! Very happy!

One other big change in my life began the end of July, when my dear big brother, The.Relic, dragged me into an online space simulation gaming community, called "Mankind", telling me I needed something to distract me from my misery. He was correct -- that game was wonderfully engaging. Through him I met many nice people (all men -- apparently not many women are into space simulations). One man in particular, nickname "Krip, the artisan", was very open about his interest in me. Something I couldn't believe or trust for a long time. After all, I'm old, I look like someone's mom not like someone's 'date', and men have never been interested in me as anything more than friend or sister. Also, all of my friends were continually advising me to avoid romantic entanglements til I am 'healed', watch out for 'rebound', etc. Krip was very persistent tho, and finally, after weeks & months of me fighting my feelings, he won me over. We met face to face the end of October, which proved to be even better than online. So, he is why I chose Seattle over some other city to make my leap into a new life to.

I need to thank everyone who has been so supportive of me during this tumultuous time in my life --- The.Relic, Reeka, Ramon, LadyZ, Moiraine, Wolfgir, Sir_Tainly, Jerome, AzureWolf, Cloudy, Yorick... gosh I apologize if I forgot to mention someone! I love you all!! I would not have made it through everything without your support. I will continue to lurk, and will post when I can. Once I move I won't have internet for some weeks. I am not leaving permanently tho. The great thing about the internet is that I can bring all of my online friends with me, no matter where I go!!

Who would have believed my life could change so much in just 6 months?? Certainly not me. Just goes to show, you never know what's just around the corner....

(More than anyone wanted to know, I'm sure, but they say confession is good for the soul) [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2001, 10:19 AM   #2
Moni

It sounds to me like even though change was forced on you, it is turning into change for the better in a lot of ways.
Stay Strong and Best of Everything to you in the coming years ahead.
[img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2001, 10:31 AM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Good to hear that you survived such great changes to your life and it sounds as though you actually came out better than before, may your luck continue to follow you wherever you go.
Old 11-03-2001, 10:32 AM   #4
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Bili, this is just such a wonderful post - and so 100% Bili-style ! [img]smile.gif[/img] Actually, it is exactly this kind of posts in which people really "share" some important aspects and/or developments of their life with "us" that have made IW the kind of community it can be in its finest moments ...

May you safely reach the peak of that mountain ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 11-03-2001, 11:03 AM   #5
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Nice to hear that - all my best wishes - keep in touch

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 11-03-2001, 11:05 AM   #6
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

So nice to hear a happy ending Bili. I am sure you went through a lot of emotional turmoil, but you did survive and I really hope you will be happy in your new life.
Old 11-03-2001, 11:26 AM   #7
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Bili,

I know it's been a LONG time since we've even said HI to each other, and I realize that for the most part, I'm to blame for that. I won't air any dirty laundry here, because this isn't the time or the place for it. However, I will say publicly that I'm sorry that things went the way that they did with us.

I have been keeping up on what's been going on with you, through the "grapevine", so to speak. I was very sorry to hear about what happened with you and "ex-dh". Pardon my language here, but what a chicken-shit he is. I'm sorry that you've had to go through so much pain and agony over the last several months.

Had I found out a month or so ago that you were moving to Seattle, I would have been one of the first to say that you're nuts. Now, however, let me be one of the first to say "GO FOR IT". If you've found someone and something that makes you happy, jump at it and do everything you can to hold onto it.

You deserve the best, and I hope that you find true happiness. Good luck with the move and in starting your new life in Seattle!

Zeeke
Old 11-03-2001, 11:29 AM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey Bili!!!! I thought we were going to rob banks together! [img]smile.gif[/img] Hey if I'm ever in Seattle can we rob one huh huh huh? On a serious note good for you! I'm glad things are changing for the better for ya [img]smile.gif[/img] And yep its good you get to take your friends with you isnt it? Well keep on posting to keep us posted [img]tongue.gif[/img] Pauly
Old 11-03-2001, 11:34 AM   #9
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

All I can say is...

AT LAST YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANT!!! I told you it ain't over!!! You go girl!!!
Old 11-03-2001, 12:48 PM   #10
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Me? Gosh, I really din do nuttin. Big *Hugs* lil sis.