Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 11:48 AM   #1
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Yeah, I know I'm waaaaaay back there in this game, but oh well. I like to take my time and smell the roses. ^_^;; You know how Gaelan Bayle wants you to pay him to help you rescue Imoen? Well, my charactr is a Blade Bard, and his nephew, instead of taking me to Copper Coronet, took me to some nonexistant place, so that I could sing and stuff (be a bard) to make money. As I wandered back towards Gaelan's house, trying to locate the nonexistant tavern/inn, a woman came up to me and said that if I come to the graveyard after dark, her "mistress" will help me with my problems. Then as soon as she left, Gaelan's nephew came up to me, telling me that Gaelan wants me, who said that Arledrian and he had lowered the price to 15,000, instead of 20,000. Has anyone have this happen to them? If so, should I go to the graveyard? Or is it just one of those, get the idiot out afterdark, and take their purse situations?
Also, I know I've asked this before, but I still can't get rid of my familiar. I know I'm supposed to put him with my items, but from there the game won't let me "throw him out", and if I tell it to "release" my familiar, it only has it out following me again.
Any help would be useful! ^_^;;

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 07-11-2001, 12:00 PM   #2
Bristowe
Elminster

Yup!, that happens almost everytime It's like part of the whole story.

Small Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Both the 'Mistress' and Gaelan eventually offer the same price, but going with Gaelan is the 'less evil' sort of decision compared to the 'mistress' lady

Also, why don't you want your familiar?? I'm sorry, dunno bout that cos 'i' never tried getting rid of my familiar

Oh yeah, I know that quote...very cool. And true Heheh

------------------
Bristowe, Master Assassin
"Everyone dies sooner or later, why not sooner?"

[This message has been edited by Bristowe (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 12:04 PM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

You have two choices to rescue Imoen. One is to go with Galen Bayle(sp) and the other is to go to the graveyard district and.......I won't spoil you.......just know that it isn't a 'rob them blind in the dark' thing, it is an alternative to choosing Galen Bayle. Either way, you end up at the same point, gamewise!

As for the bard thing, I really don't know, other than you may have been taken to the Five Flagon's Inn in the Bridges District (I think this is the bard stronghold).

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-11-2001, 12:09 PM   #4
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

How do you get to the Five Flagons Inn? I can't find it anywhere! Also, I just want to get rid of my familiar, because it only raises my hp level, but it also burdens me. Does anyone know a way to get rid of it without me having to lose a constitution point?
For the "evil" choice, can you decide when your at the graveyard, whether you want to go with the "mistress", or say no, and go with Gaelan? Just curious...

------------------
Quote:
My Website!
Old 07-11-2001, 12:21 PM   #5
ianbkwan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i think five flagons inn is in the bridge district. it's right in the middle of the district, check your map, ok?
Old 07-11-2001, 12:26 PM   #6
Bristowe
Elminster

Five Flagons is in the Bridge district in the city, When you get there, go to your map screen and it should have a marker where exactly it is...
When you get to the grave yard you can refuse the mistresses offer and nothing will happen.. so dun worry!

Umm the familiar thing, i really dun know about that...Do you have Shadowkeeper?
It's an unofficial little program that is an game editor, its wonderful, you can kill your familiar, then use shadowkeeper to add back your Con. point..umm not sure about the web address though...
www.mud-master.com i think it's very easy to use

------------------
Old 07-11-2001, 12:27 PM   #7
Bristowe
Elminster

Five Flagons is in the Bridge district in the city, When you get there, go to your map screen and it should have a marker where exactly it is...
When you get to the grave yard you can refuse the mistresses offer and nothing will happen.. so dun worry!

Umm the familiar thing, i really dun know about that...Do you have Shadowkeeper?
It's an unofficial little program that is an game editor, its wonderful, you can kill your familiar, then use shadowkeeper to add back your Con. point..umm not sure about the web address though...
www.mud-master.com i think it's very easy to use

------------------
Old 07-11-2001, 01:36 PM   #8
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

I have shadowkeeper, I just dont want to have to go through all that trouble. Does anyone know how to get rid of a summoned familiar? Pwease help me!!!!
*sob*
thanx for the info on the graveyard ^_^*

------------------
Quote:
My Website!
Old 07-11-2001, 01:49 PM   #9
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

The only way to get rid of your Familiar is to kill it, but, then you lose the extra Hit points and one point of CON, permanently. Just pu it in you back pack and forget about it. It should fit depending on your alignment.
Old 07-11-2001, 04:23 PM   #10
TheBeerBaron02
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What do familiars do?