Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 11:18 AM   #1
Gustave
The Magister

1. What level should he be dualed to a mage at? I think I remember hearing level 9, but not sure.

2. What kind of equipment can he use?

3. What are the stat requirements? min 17 str and 17 int?

4. Are they worth playing?
Old 07-11-2001, 11:50 AM   #2
Bristowe
Elminster

For best results, i heard he/she should be dualed at lvl 12, from Kensai to mage

I'm sure he can use any weapon EXCEPT bows and Xbows ie, missile weapons and since he/she is a kensai, they CANNOT wear ANY armour or bracers/gloves.

The min stats you got right

They are worth playing if you like powerful characters and i mean POWERFUL...

------------------
Bristowe, Master Assassin
"Everyone dies sooner or later, why not sooner?"
Old 07-11-2001, 12:13 PM   #3
Immoral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'll do this one at a time.

Q: (1. What level should he be dualed to a mage at? I think I remember hearing level 9, but not sure.
A: 9 it is. For AC/THAC0/HP reasons

Q: (2. What kind of equipment can he use?
A: Any weapon except missile - no armor or gaunts/bracers

Q: (3. What are the stat requirements? min 17 str and 17 int?
A: IMHO 18/??Str and 18Int. Any less would be uncivilized, and a complete waste.

Q: (4. Are they worth playing?
A: I would have to say, emphatically yes, they are a blast! And the most devestating character you can play. Personally, I can't play one because he dominates every other character. Kensai/Mage is too powerful IMHO. Nothing I have fought has beaten my Kensai/Mage, Anorath. Dragons? He eats 'em for lunch. Demi-Liches? He picks his teeth with their bones. Demons? He sends them back to Hell with a note tied around there neck that reads, "Is this the best ya' got? HA!"

You get the idea.

-Immoral

[This message has been edited by Immoral (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 01:56 PM   #4
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would dual at 9, for high mage lvl(w/exp cap), but if not at 9 wait till 12, that way you get the every 3 level bonuses.

anything but missle weapons, I think.

I agree with Immoral, try for min 18 in str and int.

definitly worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2001, 03:34 PM   #5
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

Can kensais were mage robes if dualed, or does that act as armour?
Old 07-11-2001, 03:39 PM   #6
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes they can, mine is a living example. with robe of reflection(something like that).
Old 07-11-2001, 05:59 PM   #7
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

Great- thinks of Kensai with Robes of Vecna . One more question, is a lvl 9 kensai actually a good warrior, if you have Grand mastery in a weapon. Or are the differences of higher levels way too much for him to much.

I've restarted the game with a kensai, to be dualed to mage. I have grand mastery in Katanas and two stars in two weapom style. Then I'll dual Celstial Fury, and Dakkons blade (extra 1st, 2nd, 3nd and 4th level spells). Is the combination any good, or should I Grand master another weapon. Keep in mind that I'll want to sent him into ToB, so will there be any good Katanas into ToB? And will Celestrial Fury still be a good weapon?
Old 07-11-2001, 08:25 PM   #8
Fallen Angel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

They can wear Cloaks yes which i think you talking about Angel but robes are armor cloaks go into an entirely different slot than armor.

------------------

Quote:
Grieve for the soul in Death Dishonored
Old 07-11-2001, 09:08 PM   #9
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Ehm, I'm not sure if you will still be able to use your katanas once you dual to mage. If I'm not mistaken, all the proficiency-types(sp?)which your new class can't handle, are lost. In that case you would probably want to make him a Grand Master at Staffs or something.
Old 07-11-2001, 09:41 PM   #10
Fallen Angel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Haddar your wrong me freind none of the profinciencies(wutever) are lost. You do lose your 1st class skills until the dualed to class gains the level of the 1st class but after that you get your abilities back. THats why people like the kensai dualed to a mage so much you dont have to wear armor because your ac goes down naturally and using the katanas doesnt effect your spellcasting.

------------------

Quote:
Grieve for the soul in Death Dishonored

[This message has been edited by Fallen Angel (edited 07-11-2001).]