Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2001, 12:29 PM   #1
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

I just lost Jaheira as I was walking out of the tanner's place. I read somewhere else in the forum that she leaves you again after finding her. the only reason that I keep her around is because she can heal with the best of them. She's not that great at fighting. Can Enomen be a good replacement, does he have to leave too eventually? Input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-07-2001, 12:36 PM   #2
Waluin

Ok, quick answer: yes

Long answer: Anomen is a tool. Heh. I dont like his list of spells, and I don't like him. Jaheira may be poor combat wise, but once she starts leveling you can make her into a powerhouse. You'd be surprised what she can do when she's improved hasted/girdled strength up to 19. That and you can eventually improve her weapon profeciencies. I chose spear, and she's pretty bitching with a spear I found in the underdark.

I like her spell selection better, I like her as a character better (to each his own ), and I feel she's just a fine addition as anyone.

If you *can't* get her back, then sure, pick up Anomen. He's a fine replacement. I like his anti-undead spells, and he can use maces (which comes in handy in close combat). He can be a beefer just like the rest of 'em, but I suggest you help him complete his quest for the Order first, because then he becomes pretty nifty.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-07-2001).]
Old 07-07-2001, 12:41 PM   #3
Guyan Sethe
Dungeon Master

Anomen becomes quite good at the higher levels, but i would go for Jaheira. She´s a great character and very usefull in many different ways(no dirty thougts).

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 12:54 PM   #4
Dramnek_Ulk

if you dont have ToB anomen ends up more powerful as jahira only gets to levels 13/13 whereas dual classed anomen ends up as a level 20 cleric with just a good taco as jahirea. He can also use level 7 spells and gets more spells

------------------
These sweet and gracious monkey balls,
Served on plates and sold from stalls,
Bring madness to these hallowed halls
Of urban academe.

Huzzaks for chocolate monkey balls!
We'll eat them 'til the ceiling falls,
'Til Time, herself, tears down these walls
Of urban academe.

So buy yourself a monkey ball,
Savour it and then stand tall,
A bulwark 'gainst the deaf'ning call
Of urban academe.

Old 07-07-2001, 01:41 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

For an all-around cleric, Anomen is the best. If his remarks annoy you (ALL the NPC remarks annoy me!) turn down the sound and put on some headphones. In this game, sound is NOT vital like in others I've played...it does not preface or herald monsters...you see them FAR sooner than you hear them.

Ano has saved my skin SEVERAL times. He starts rocking as soon as you get 6th level Cleric spells and that "Blade Barrier" in particular. That's as far as I've gone with him.

I dropped Jaheira in Chap 1, and haven't missed her a jot.

I guess it's all how you play, and your own style of playing and your preferences. I like a balance of "tanks" and "magic." Being that I've taken out both the Shadow Dragon with that ridiculous name (Th'llissillyia or something like that) AND Firkraag, I can't be doing TOO badly.

OK, going back to LURK mode now..

Old 07-07-2001, 01:47 PM   #6
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Jaheiras Druidic spells are pretty devastating, namely creeping doom and insect swarm. For those 2 spells alone she mops the floor with Anomen.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-07-2001, 01:48 PM   #7
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Anomen is a great party member and not to be missed. (Also if your a female, he's the only one you can have a romance with apparently). I have stated before how good Anomen is (I gave him crom faeyr, he's unstoppable then). However, Jaheira is not to be lightly tossed aside. She has those fire elemental summons (brilliant) insect (anti-magic) spells as well as a stunning array of offensive and defensive spells. SHe rocks too. If you can, have both in your party....
Old 07-07-2001, 03:27 PM   #8
Alaric
Manshoon

I have them both in my party and would not trade either one of them. By the way, what is lost can sometimes be found.
Old 07-08-2001, 01:14 AM   #9
Gustave
The Magister

Sazerac! you reek with awesomeness!

A level 20 Anomen using turn undead...hmm..Whats that? Whoa! A lich just died. One stinking spell that Jaheira has that Anomen doesn't? How many decent spells does Anomen have that Jaheira doesn't? Hmmm?

Alone, both are great, but Anomen gets the edge. The Impaler is good, but Crom Faeyer(sp) is better.

BTW...I use both Anomen and Jaheira and they are the most useful characters in my party(except for the cavalier I am playing).
Old 07-11-2001, 08:47 PM   #10
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

You mean i can become a female evil gnomethief or something and anomen will still want me? hmmm

Anomen is really awesome as he has cleared out entire dungeons by simply walking through them ( Umar hills dungeon as well as many parts of Firkraag area and Temple dungeons)- his turn undead is awesome, and when he is about level 13 he creates a skeletal warrior pet that is very powerful!(although you can't turn undead near it hehehe) I have grown to like anomen, at first he was so nauseating but now he's more powerful.