Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 02:13 AM   #1
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

SPOILERS
I finally beat Kangaxx, but lost Anomen to Imprisonment in the process. I went and got a Freedom Scroll and have cast it about 5 times in the room, but so far no Anomen. Do I have to be in the exact location he was imprisoned??? The scroll says I need to be in the "area" and when I cast it the person will reappear. He had the Crom Fayer so if I can't get him back I will be reloading and fighting Kangaxx for the 15th time!
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:18 AM   #2
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

sounds like a bug to me. are you patched?
Old 02-15-2005, 02:22 AM   #3
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

Yeah, I installed the SoA patch and Baldurdash fix and bought ToB over the weekend and installed the patch and Baldurdash fix as well. This is quite frustrating. I am basically taking small steps and casting then constantly reloading. lol
Old 02-15-2005, 02:26 AM   #4
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

thats interesting. i dont think ive ever been imprisioned, only maze, and they come back shortly after. thats no help to you though. cant help you sorry. i think you may have to fight again. unless somebody else know how to do it
Old 02-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Well, it *should* work if you cast Freedom in the exact same room (which is probably the case if you're fighting Kangaxx) where you were when Anomen was imprisoned. If it doesn't, well, then most likely you're facing a bug. And I hate to say this, but that would mean having to face Kangaxx all over again. If you need advice on him, just give a yell and we'll help you out!

[ 02-15-2005, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Link ]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

try and do a search.. thats a strange bug.. i havent played bg2 for several months already so i dont know all the new goodies around . someone can help you hopefully [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

I did a search...using imprisonment / Kangaxx / bug and only found one item...and it did not relate to a "bug". I am kind of annoyed. I beat him earlier in the evening, but lost 2 with no way of getting them back so I reloaded and in the end only had my PC and Minsc left...though I was able to resurrect Airee, Imoen and Jaheira. Anomen on the other hand was running around confused and I had no way to protect him.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:17 AM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Bugs happen. Power Word: Reload is your friend.

The key to using Freedom scrolls after beating Kangaxx is not to need them in the first place.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:07 AM   #9
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

In the end that is what I had to do...unfortunately, I did not have a saved file from PRIOR to going after Kangaxx...so I had to fight all of them again. This time things went much better. A few Chaotic Command spells to avoid being stunned and then a few protection from Undead scrolls and the battle went surprisingly easy. Gotta love the Ring of the Ram against him!
Old 02-16-2005, 11:25 AM   #10
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Indeed, and if you cheesed it so you've got 2, that's an easy load of damage, and extra attacks while he's being pushed into the wall