Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 10:56 AM   #1
hickfam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am playing multiplayer with my own created characters. Everything was ok until I got to the underdark. The screen is now jerky. I believe I have already downloded the official patch. Any suggestions?
hickfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 11:17 AM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

more details please!
describe jerky - is your whole screen jerky or are the menus ok - does it happen immediately or when you change to the map screen?

To be on the safe side download Baldurdash fixpack (www.Baldurdash.org)
Old 06-21-2003, 11:19 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

What do you mean? Please try to be more precise. And check if you have latest patches and fixes not think. Check the Baldurdash for more info on patches.

[ 06-21-2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 12:29 PM   #4
hickfam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I loaded the patch from baldurdash but to no avail. The cursor is not moving smoothly across the screen, on all screens. Its a jerky motion. This only began in the underdark. I have the game saved right before and right after I use the magic rope to enter the underdark. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
Old 06-21-2003, 03:41 PM   #5
Raistlin Majere
Ra

make sure you also have the latest directX and graphics card drivers(i dont know why it would all of a sudden start doing that, but its worth installing them anyway). you could also try disabling 3D acceleration(from the configuration. i used to have jerkiness if i had it enabled. though updating the drivers and installing directX 9.0 fixed that). if all else fails, start a new game and clua yourself into the underdark to see if it happens again. if it doesnt, then its got nothing to do with the game version or the game itself.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 05:24 PM   #6
hickfam
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks, ive tried all that but still get a jerky cursor. But only when I descend into the underdark, the rest of the game is fine. This sucks.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:11 PM   #7
Mr_Krift
Zhentarim Guard

get a new comp
Old 06-21-2003, 07:05 PM   #8
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by hickfam:
thanks, ive tried all that but still get a jerky cursor. But only when I descend into the underdark, the rest of the game is fine. This sucks.
As Raistlin Majere said, try disabling (yes, *disalbing*) 3D acceleration.
To do so, go to the Start menu (windows, not BG2) -> choose Run -> type DXDIAG -> Display and disable DirectDraw. Just don't forget to enable it when playing other games. BioWare was smoking something when they wrote the graphic engine, I tell you.

Oh, another idea! Question: Does the problem starts just when you enter the Underdark, or after an interesting conversation with an interesting... creature?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote