Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2002, 07:40 PM   #1
Sio

Hi all.
Well basically, me, my borther and parents share a home computer, got two pull out hard-drives, one my parents share and one me and my brother share, now recently my bro has been going into my folder (as we each have a folder with our own stuff in, mp3's and films etc) and when ive annoyed him or been unreasonable, and sometimes for no apparent reason he will delete a song or two, now today he deleted a film which promoted a ass kicking from me, but that ddint bring back my film
So, im looking for a program which will let me assign a password to specific folders, not the entire computer, im looking for one which doesnt need to be registered within a month by paying $30 and if not registered will lock up that folder for good (Ive had bad past experiances with passworing computers) or even if there is a microsoft tool in ME that will allow me to do this I would be happy.
Please please can anyone help me! [img]smile.gif[/img] Beofore more of my films and music is attacked
Thankyou
Old 11-02-2002, 07:43 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

I don´t know of any programs. But you can always add all files to a zip folder and password protect that one... And then hide it. Of course your brother can of course bring it back up again...

EDIT: I did a search on download.com and found 42 programs. You can always try there. I only found one that was cheap though, BUT that one seemed very suspicious since one person said that the developer started sending him trojans. And it didn´t prevent other users from deleting files...

[ 11-02-2002, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 11-02-2002, 07:46 PM   #3
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I think this is a great reason to give your bro a thumping.
Sorry to hear about the lost files.
And I do not know of no such program. I know that windows Xp has a log in when you fire up the computer maybe this can help. I think you can set it for each person that uses the computer. It loads up your own screen saver and setings.