Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2002, 10:25 PM   #11
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
I keep hearing people say that this impending war is being staged only because we want cheap oil. What is wrong with wanting cheap oil?

No, I'm not saying start a war simply to get oil inexpensively, but everyone shops around for the best price. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]
I think it's because people will die for the cheap oil. That's probably what's wrong with it.

Mark
[/QUOTE]Lot's of people have died for far less.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:08 AM   #12
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
quote:
quote:
I keep hearing people say that this impending war is being staged only because we want cheap oil. What is wrong with wanting cheap oil?

No, I'm not saying start a war simply to get oil inexpensively, but everyone shops around for the best price. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]
I think it's because people will die for the cheap oil. That's probably what's wrong with it.

Mark
[/QUOTE]The word 'cleansing' jumps to mind.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 10-09-2002, 07:35 AM   #13
Jorath Calar
Harper

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 07:53 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
edit: oops no need to quote pic again.... [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img]

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath!!!! I've been looking for an online version of that pic for ages!! *sweeps you off your feet in big hug* Thanks for posting

[ 10-09-2002, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 10-09-2002, 07:57 AM   #15
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
quote:
quote:

Mark
[/QUOTE]And that makes it alright?
Old 10-09-2002, 08:40 AM   #16
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
edit: oops no need to quote pic again.... [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img]

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath!!!! I've been looking for an online version of that pic for ages!! *sweeps you off your feet in big hug* Thanks for posting [/QUOTE]hey no problem... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 08:49 AM   #17
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

It isn't about cheap oil, although that answer will be always be given by anyone who opposes anything, done by anyone, for any reason in the Middle East.

Something you don't like happening in the Middle East? It must be about the oil! It couldn't possibly be about anything else.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:03 AM   #18
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well in his speech bush talked about that Saddam is an immidiate threat to the middle east and the world. because he has attacked neighbours (Iran) and killed people in his own country(Kurds). Okey I admit he is an threat to the peace in the middle east...

But wait a second...

Threat to the peace in middle east?

Attacking his neighbors?

Killing people in his own country?

Doesn't that describe Ariel Sharon pretty accuratly too, fat insane maniac, who has never shown any indication that he's willing to talk about peace. Bombing civilians, shooting kids, pregnant women and people that have nothing to do with this war of his, against people so desperate to get their own land back they resort to blowing them selves up in public.

And the US support him???

I think thats called a double standard...

But then again I'm probably wrong.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:21 AM   #19
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

No doubt similarities may be drawn, but Isreal is constantly on the defensive, and while they kill civilians in their attacks against Palestinian Terrorists, the Palestinian Terrorists purposely target innocent men, women, and children.

Saddam's act against the Kurds was ethnic cleansing.

Even if you believe both are wrong, does that mean Saddam shouldn't be stopped? Israel has nukes, but doesn't use them. Do we want to take that chance with Saddam?
Old 10-09-2002, 10:28 AM   #20
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
No doubt similarities may be drawn, but Isreal is constantly on the defensive, and while they kill civilians in their attacks against Palestinian Terrorists, the Palestinian Terrorists purposely target innocent men, women, and children.

Saddam's act against the Kurds was ethnic cleansing.

Even if you believe both are wrong, does that mean Saddam shouldn't be stopped? Israel has nukes, but doesn't use them. Do we want to take that chance with Saddam?
Yes, but Israel (under Sharon) is really a trouble-maker, and our staying in bed with them is unseemly. When storming Arafat's compound recently, an unseemly thing in and of itself (I mean, really, how much terrorism can he actually cause or prevent when he's locked in one building for months?), Israel had the childish audacity to rapel special forces troops onto the roof and replace the flag with an Israeli one. Talk about thumbing your nose. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img] Sharon is a monster - he seeks to stir up shit whenever he can. He's a war criminal as much as Saddam (doesn't he have some nickname with massacre in it?) and will keep things going there forever. Hating and oppressing Palestinians is a way of life for him. He's turned one of the world's finest, bravest, and best trained armies (remember Entebi?) into a gang of thugs.

This is a fight as old as time. The Old Testament itself is basically the story of a religion that develops while a few groups of people chase each other back and forth across the subcontinent. Some biblical cities have been rebuilt 8 times - and you can dig straight down through all 8 collecting artifacts. It's a fight no one can stop - and likely no side will ever die out fully.

I sympathize with Israel's plight. They live a life surrounded by and infiltrated by enemies. But, Sharon is certainly a step backwards as far as their leadership goes.