Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2003, 07:52 AM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Guess? Here in Slovenia our natinal soccer team plays Vs. France.-Euro qualifications...we are second just behind France.

Of course we WILL loose but c`mon...

This is a one time opporunity for me. I actually saw Zizou aka Zindine Zidane....

*giggles* Happy...

Just wanted to share this with ya`all
Old 09-09-2003, 08:25 AM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

Who says you'll lose. France came home form the last World Cup without a single goal despite the fact that they were champion before. Anything is possible as Slovenia is not that bad.

Our team (Austria) lost 3:1 to the Netherlands lately but we ARE bad. My best friend and I were actually rooting for the Netherlands
After every match people keep saying: "We were fighting bravely, defense was good,..." but nobody mentions that
+ Austria has no good strikers.
+ Our players make only 1 out of 10 one-on-ones against an enemy goalkeeper
+ we are a bad soccer nation

Only one or two years ago we lost 0-9 against Spain. That's not bad luck or coincidence!
I mean nobody is attacking our running coaches when it turns out that our athletes can't run as fast as Ato Boldon. We just accept it. As well as the Nigerians accept that they have no chance against our skiing team.
Why is everybody so obsessed about soccer here when a comparison between the German and the Austrian "Bundesliga" shows that we are playing on their C League levels.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:28 AM   #3
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Guess? Here in Slovenia our natinal soccer team plays Vs. France.-Euro qualifications...we are second just behind France.

This is a one time opporunity for me. I actually saw Zizou aka Zindine Zidane....

*giggles* Happy...

ohhh men!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 11:27 AM   #4
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
Who says you'll lose. France came home form the last World Cup without a single goal despite the fact that they were champion before. Anything is possible as Slovenia is not that bad.

Our team (Austria) lost 3:1 to the Netherlands lately but we ARE bad. My best friend and I were actually rooting for the Netherlands
After every match people keep saying: "We were fighting bravely, defense was good,..." but nobody mentions that
+ Austria has no good strikers.
+ Our players make only 1 out of 10 one-on-ones against an enemy goalkeeper
+ we are a bad soccer nation

Only one or two years ago we lost 0-9 against Spain. That's not bad luck or coincidence!
I mean nobody is attacking our running coaches when it turns out that our athletes can't run as fast as Ato Boldon. We just accept it. As well as the Nigerians accept that they have no chance against our skiing team.
Why is everybody so obsessed about soccer here when a comparison between the German and the Austrian "Bundesliga" shows that we are playing on their C League levels.
Don't worry Faceman you could be worse off you could be from N. Ireland. We haven't scored a goal in TEN matches! Although we recently drew with Spain. It's strange are team is so bad as football's so popular here... I guess it's due to only having a population of 1 1/2 million. Even though footballs popular alot more people play the game in say Brazil.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:49 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Haldir:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:

*giggles* Happy...

ohhh men!!! [/QUOTE]Yep. They had training at Šiška...