Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 05:58 AM   #11
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I was asked to post this for her and don't think I was unaware that I would catch some grief for doing so. I've been Moni's friend for about 2 years and she requested I post it, so I did.

I do not have anything to say whether the message was right or wrong or mean spirited. I realize that doing this could cause me trouble here, but I did it anyway. Sometimes friends do things and damn the consequences.

I don't know if this was a mistake or not, but I'm not sorry for posting it.

Looks like a case of damn the messenger for the message, eh?

Mark
Who said anything against you Mark ?
Old 10-29-2002, 06:06 AM   #12
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Sometimes friends do things and damn the consequences.
Sorry for my last sentence Mark - I shouldn't have been surprised that you agreed to post it. That is ever what I have considered to be one of your very best qualities - unswerving loyalty to those that are your friends. I have always felt that loyalty come through during the two years that I have been friends with both you and Princess.

I don't hold anything against you for doing what you did, but I think Moni was not being altogether fair in asking it of you. There is a thread on this page that has been locked by the moderators for generating this type of pathos - this topic only serves to extend it. As I said in my previous post - there were better mediums to communicate this by.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:09 AM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

That's OK Davros, I guess I'm way too close to the issue. I can see both sides of this issue and tend to lean toward Moni.

Mark
Old 10-29-2002, 06:13 AM   #14
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
That's OK Davros, I guess I'm way too close to the issue. I can see both sides of this issue and tend to lean toward Moni.

Mark
If you're suggesting it was an intended flamebait, then this thread needs locking and deleting (disappointed).
Old 10-29-2002, 06:19 AM   #15
skywalker
Banned User

NO! What I'm saying is that I understand how Moni feels, sometimes I've felt that way (not necessarily online, like when I was in school). And I understand how others here feel. It's just my friendship with Moni is strong.

To suggest flamebaiting...that really hurts Davros.

Mark
Old 10-29-2002, 06:21 AM   #16
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Mods: Lock or delete this thread if I have broken the rules.

Mark
I had suggested the very thing Davros, if I'd broken the rules. The intent was not to cause a ruckus, which is what this thread is causing.

Mark
Old 10-29-2002, 06:27 AM   #17
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
NO! What I'm saying is that I understand how Moni feels, sometimes I've felt that way (not necessarily online, like when I was in school). And I understand how others here feel. It's just my friendship with Moni is strong.

To suggest flamebaiting...that really hurts Davros.

Mark
PM me if you want to discuss it further Mark - I am not angry, but I am done posting on this thread!!!
Old 10-29-2002, 06:31 AM   #18
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
Sometimes friends do things and damn the consequences.
Sorry for my last sentence Mark - I shouldn't have been surprised that you agreed to post it. That is ever what I have considered to be one of your very best qualities - unswerving loyalty to those that are your friends. I have always felt that loyalty come through during the two years that I have been friends with both you and Princess.

I don't hold anything against you for doing what you did, but I think Moni was not being altogether fair in asking it of you. There is a thread on this page that has been locked by the moderators for generating this type of pathos - this topic only serves to extend it. As I said in my previous post - there were better mediums to communicate this by.
[/QUOTE]Mark, loyalty to your friends is a great quality - may I suggest that being loyal to your friends is also pointing to them when they are being childish ? If Moni felt she was being hassled by people from IW, she could have reacted in an adult way by asking Ziroc to act. Instead, she put a drama act like a child would.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:22 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

My fellow Ironworks members, I'm going to be very blunt here, so please bear with me.

'Letters' like this can be inflammatory in my book. They leave lots of little 'mysteries' and questions in reader's minds, and are usually meant to make people start asking around and casting aspersions on others. This often causes a split on the forum when members end up 'choosing sides' over something that in most cases started out too small to fret about but got worked up into a 'mountain from a molehill', as they say.

In addition, as Moiraine pointed out, things like this are only one side of what is most likely a much more complex situation. I would point out that 'nasty email' is a subjective description and one person's rational or well meaning comment may be seen by another as 'nasty' and malicious. We all have different tolerance levels and viewpoints.

I'm very sorry that one member has felt the need to leave the board and feels so badly about some of her time here. It was, however, her decision and hers alone to make, so I respect that. Let's honor her good times here, by not muddying up the waters we are all swimming in with rumor and innuendo.

I know we are a wonderful group of caring and fascinating people here and I can only hope that we will refrain from 'gossiping' and 'guessing' in posts about things we have only partial knowledge of. That route can lead to unpleasantness for all of us in the end.

Cloudy
Old 10-29-2002, 07:31 AM   #20
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I really think all that needs to be said on this subject has been. If it is allowed to continue it will only lead to uninformed speculation and accusation.

Moni made a personal decision to remove herself from our community. Sad though some may find it, it's time to accept her decision and move on. I'm sure those close to her will keep in touch by other means.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)