Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2002, 03:11 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Where in the nine hells can I find the entrance to the
SPOILER
beholder lair in the unseeing eye quest!?
I´ve gotten the key from Gaal, but I can´t seem to get past the room with some of kangaxx´s bodyparts...?
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 03:31 PM   #2
Nifft the Nimble

S * P * O * I * L * E * R * S

Okay, so you've gone through the dungeon enough to have talked to Gaal and gotten the key, right? Now you've met the other eyeless guys in the lich tomb. DO NOT ATTACK THE LICH! It's not necessary to defeat it right now. So leave the tomb alone for now.

Now go through that tomb, down the spiral staircase, to the lost *mumble* of *mumble* and get half of the rod. You'll then bring that half back to the friendly eyeless guys (NOT GAAL) and they'll give you more instructions.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 03:32 PM   #3
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

For those who aren't there yet.
The place where you are isn't where you get down to the lair fro,m, you have to talk to Sassar and of you say you'll help, he tells you a password to tell the guard to the pit.
So go back to the camp of the cult and walk to the pit and talk to the guard named Tad.
Old 02-24-2002, 06:08 PM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I know how to get as far and I can JUST see some hints to the door....but doesn´t turn purple or green for opening...a bug perhaps...no matter I just ctrl+j past it...it just bugs me that I need the debug mode on because of those minor faults around the game
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 02-25-2002, 01:20 PM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

Are you referring to the door directly to the SE of the Lichs tomb?
There is no door. I know this sounds kinda dumb, but I always fall for that believing that there is a secret door that I can't detect with my thief when I could just walk through as only the screen is a bit darker there.
Now feel free to flame me for my blindness.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:44 AM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

There IS a door just to the SW of the Lich's crypt, but you will NOT be able to open it yet. After you kill the Unseeing Eye, you will come back UP through that door, but there is no way to go DOWN there yet. Just take the stairs and be content. I know, it irritated the hell out of me too.
Old 02-26-2002, 08:57 PM   #7
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Godammit....

When I stand in the tunnel...where the stairs lead down to the tomb of the avatar...U know rift device!!!
Well then standing in this corridor...there IS one secret door and that is locked untill you get up from the unseeing eye...But how the Hell do I gain entrance to this corridor since I have to ctrl+J into the place.

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 02-27-2002, 01:04 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
1) Talk to Gaal and sweet-talk your way into working for the Cult of the Unseeing Eye and get the key from him.

2) Trace back your steps and use the key to open the door which leads to the place where cultist defectors are. Talk to them and agree to help them. Feel free to attack the Lich that inhabits the sarcophagus, just make sure none of the defectors get caught in the friendly fire.

3) As you approach the spiral staircase which leads downstairs to the dieased people, you will notice a secret door. Ignore it for the moment.

4) Get the first half of the rod from the Temple, agree to help the people and their God avatar.

5) Go back to the defectors and report your progress, they will give you a password to gain access to the Beholder pits. Go back to the base of the Cult of the Unseeing Eye and search for the person guarding an exit( on the left side of the base). Give him the password and he will let you pass.

6) Kick the ass out of 'some' Undead and Beholders, get the second rod from a room on the right side of the Beholder pit.

7) Use the assembled rod on the Unseeing Eye and spit on it to finish it off.

8) Exit the Beholder pit by using the staircase at the bottom of the map which conveniently leads to the secret door that has been frustrating you. It will automatically open for you, be patient.

9) Report your success to the defectors.

10) Return the depleted rod to the Temple God avatar.

11) Go back to Gaal, listen to his vain pleads of rallying and his feeble attempts at cursing you. Put the poor misguided soul out of his misery and let him join his 'God'.

12) Report your success to the Temple of Helm.

THE END

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 02:30 PM   #9
Sparhawk
Quintesson

thanx Dundee...but the problem is that I can´t get into the corridor that leads to the spiral case...the door between the corridor and the lich tomb is missing???

HELP???

"Boo....what are U doing to that corpse?"
"Speeep!!!"
"Yack...that´s disgusting you little rodent!!!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 02-27-2002, 02:51 PM   #10
daan
Silver Dragon

http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursga...nseeingeye.php

(sorry, dont know how to make a link)

Now study this map, and tell us which entrance you cant seem to find:

-The entrance just below nr. -2-

-The entrance just left of nr. -3-

-The entrance to the corridor, LEADING TO
the entrance just below nr. -2-

Just tell us which of those, (or any other) it is and maybe we'll be able to help a bit more effectivly, then we are doing now [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope this helpz [img]smile.gif[/img]

(WOOOHOO, i DID make a link , im a L337 programmer !!!! )

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: daan ]