Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2000, 05:09 PM   #1
joesex

Help!
I can't get into Lower Dorn.Every time i try to enter the cave,the game either puts up an "assertion failed" error or just locks-up.I've reinstalled I.D. and put in the 1.06 patch,but no use.I don't want to start again 'cos i'm at 10th level.Can anyone help?(Maybe Interplay should spend more time making decent patches than churning out "exciting"portraits of halfling fighters-wot u think?)

Cheers.
Old 08-28-2000, 06:24 PM   #2
sibley

I've read of such problems being caused by a corrupt cache. The data for the new area is in the cache, but what's there has an error in it. Reportedly, emptying the cache directory is safe and will cure the problem.

I suppose they're trying to fix this and other problems. The last patch seems to have introduced new problems, so probably they're being a lot more careful about the next one. Providing more character pictures is an unrelated activity. Artists don't fix programming bugs.
Old 08-30-2000, 11:55 AM   #3
bigA

Yup - I've had the same problem. Called the tech support people and they basically said to purge the cache\data and override directories. But I did this and it made no difference. I've reinstalled the game and done it with and without the 1.06 patch. Still no joy

I mailed interplay but I doubt they'll be able to do anything about it. Have to agree - this game is buggy! Even in 1.06 there's a load of stuff with holes in it.

My biggest gripe? Spell targeting - even the directed spells (apart from Magic Missile and the Heal spells) lock onto the point you click on - not the creature you click on. This drives me up the wall, esp as I rely heavily on magic. It's a bugger in a fight. And don't get me started on the unpredictable nature of the Hide in Shadows ability...! Just when they had it licked in BG too.