Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2002, 04:23 AM   #1
teodulo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In BG1 I was a paladin. I have played all the game as lawful good, and my reputation was, at least, 21. Than, there was the "Koveras affair", and my reputation was artificially reduced to 6! I made a mistake somewhere (don't know where, but only one mistake in front of a game as a perfect paladin) and my reputation was reduced again to 5. The result: I had played like a paladin, but I was not a paladin anymore, I was a fallen paladin. OK, I say, it is not nice, but it should be a temporary problem; when I will finish the game and kill the evil Sarevok, everybody understand I am not a criminal, but a hero, and my reputation, and my paladin status will be surely reintegrated. Not at all. I have finished the game as a fallen paladin, and now I play BG2 as a fallen paladin. I strongly think that this is not correct, and I am really upset about this: without "Koveras affair", I had to do circa 16 mistakes before my reputation would reduce to 5. But what is done is done. I ask you: is there a way in BG2 to became paladin again? I mean, is it possible to go to the Radian Heart, speak with someone and start the "training" to be a paladin?
Ciao

Teodulo

PS: please, excuse me for my bad English!
teodulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 05:13 AM   #2
Witchhunter
The Magister

I played a Paladin through BG and SOA and I am not sure what this "Koveras Affair" you are reffering to is. Could you illuminate me? To my knoweledge there is no way you can regain your paladin status once it is lost, it is gone forever. Unless you use a code or something(which I do not know)
\"Achievement is for senators and scholars. At one time I had ambitions but I had them removed by a doctor in Buffalo. It started as cyst, it grew under my arm and I had to have new shirts made, it was awful. But I have them in a jar at home now.\" <br />-Tom Waits
Witchhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 06:54 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I am sorry to say this, but you're screwed.
Once the Paladins reputation drops below 10, IIRC, you will become a fallen Paladin, and there is nothing you can do to get your former 'title' back. Sorry.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 07:27 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

IIRC you can change it using SK.... by removing the Variable or sumthing like that... The same way as removing the bad hell affects [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 10:28 AM   #5
--Twilight--
The Magister

Hello,
look, teodulo, I can't say that I'm right and I can't say that I'm wrong, but I swear that I remember reading somewhere that there existed a quest that would reverse the fallen status (like, a one-shot deal). You should probably "search" the discussion boards.... My paladin has managed to keep his nose clean, so far (actually, he would have been long ago indicted on many charges of conspiracy to commit burglary, larceny, murder, etc., so he had better not use the planar sphere for a visit over here!).

- Twilight
Old 05-18-2002, 09:52 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

As far as BG1 is concerned, a few other people have complained that their Rep went into the toilet in Chapter 6, unless they let Rieltar and Company get killed by someone else. Funny, but I never lost a single Rep point in the deal, even when I was whacking them with my Paladin.

But that's water under the bridge. I have heard that YES, there IS a way to get your Paladin status back: By completing the Paladin Stronghold quests that earn you a membership in the Order of the Most Radiant Heart. (I've also heard that Rangers have a similar opportunity.) The Bad News: You won't be able to do it right away, as to even initiate the quests, you have to kill 1 of the 2 toughest enemies in SoA (neither of whom is the final boss).
Old 05-20-2002, 08:58 AM   #7
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:

The Bad News: You won't be able to do it right away, as to even initiate the quests, you have to kill 1 of the 2 toughest enemies in SoA (neither of whom is the final boss).
True, even though a normal player wishes to fight that "tough enemy" sooner or later, if only for the incredible loot.
Old 05-20-2002, 02:52 PM   #8
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Nah, Fi.... I meen the mentioned enemy ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), is not one of the toughest enemies IMO. Maybe the toughest of it's kind, but not one of the toughest in the whole game, especially not if you have ToB installed.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote