Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2002, 12:18 AM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

Well I really wanted to check out some online modules, so I updated to 1.21.....Now the game crashes before the movies start to roll...I am in the process of reinstalling patch 1.20....wish me luck!

[ 07-27-2002, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 07-26-2002, 09:06 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Your misfortune has caused me to not attempt the same roll of luck. I shall wait until the next patch, which I am sure will be tested better than this one has. Thanks!
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 10:39 AM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

from Gamespy daily newsletter

Neverwinter Nights - Known Issue in Patch 1.21 - Corgan
BioWare has acknowledged that equipping an item that provides bonuses to certain skills will remove all of your remaining skills as of patch 1.21 for Neverwinter Nights. As a temporary solution, they have stated that saving and reloading the game once you have equipped the item in question will restore the lost skills. If you are inclined to roll back to path 1.20, you can download the manual patch from BioWare.
Old 07-26-2002, 03:57 PM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Rollback to 1.20 a suscess!!!!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] Now back to playtesting my mod!!!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 10:26 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Morgeruat,

According to the Bioware folks, the disappearing skills is a display issue only.

For what its worth, I have patch 1.21 installed and aside from the display issue mentioned above, the game runs fine. The henchman bug still hasn't been fixed apparently.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 11:15 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Morgeruat,

According to the Bioware folks, the disappearing skills is a display issue only.
Well I read on the bioware forums that it was NOT a display issue, the skills actually were lost.
Old 07-27-2002, 02:27 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I actually haven't had any noticeable problems with 1.21 - my game crashes occasionally but it was doing that before, anyway - I think it's more memory leak than anything else.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 10:43 AM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

Its really strange how some people are expiriencing bugs with this patch and other aren't. It was this seemingly randomness that led me to try it.

I havent updated my video drivers in a week or two either so maybe thats why the blue screen of death kept showing up the 12 or so times I tried starting the game with 1.21 installed, before 1.21 I had 0 problems with the game itself, but a few with the toolset.
Know that I have rolled back I have had 0 problems once again! WHOO HOOO!!!!
Old 07-27-2002, 11:01 AM   #9
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

How exactly did you "roll back" the patch for those that ARE having that problem? I'm with Memnoch, I have had virtually no problems with the game, aside from not being able to see the opening movies and that's an issue of running the game using a Voodoo 5 video card.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 11:24 AM   #10
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
How exactly did you "roll back" the patch for those that ARE having that problem? I'm with Memnoch, I have had virtually no problems with the game, aside from not being able to see the opening movies and that's an issue of running the game using a Voodoo 5 video card.
http://nwdownloads.bioware.com/neverwinternights/patch/NWNEnglish1.20Patch.exe

This is a 33 mb download so my sympanthy goes out to my NW brothers and sisters that were struck by these bugs and still use dial up. This the patch 1.2 manual install download. I found the link on Neverwinter Vault, in the news a few days ago.

How to use: Download file to an easy to find folder, then click the .exe icon to install, then run NWN and look for the version number on the start screen, it should say 1.2!

Happy Gaming!

[ 07-27-2002, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]