Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2002, 12:25 AM   #1
Paleface
Dungeon Master

I'm in chapter 2.
I completed the Charwood castle quest now I'm back out in the Haunted Forest. Should I use that pillar now?

How do I solve the rune riddle?

Gur-Atol is the only one I know to use and anything I pick summons skeletal warriors.

Also, should I go back to the castle, summon Belial and kill him? I read it's possible. Or does he appear later in the game? If not, should I do it? Also, does he leave behind any items other than giving just a few hundred XP?
Paleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 12:45 AM   #2
Paleface
Dungeon Master

what am I saying, scratch that! I forgot that I can't go back in the castle.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:32 AM   #3
Paleface
Dungeon Master

Nevermind, I figured it out.
I had the damn note with the correct runes this whole time. lmao!!
Old 07-27-2002, 06:33 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmmm as for Belial... he doesnt leave any items.... but if your bad or just greedy you can ask him for a powerful item if you got high enough persaude [img]smile.gif[/img] ... but then he leaves... not giving you enough time to kill him....

and you figured out the Runes... so [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:15 PM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

For the pillar, search the Charwood area thoroughly. In a ruined tower, you'll find a scroll. That scroll contains the proper runes to press to give you access to a small dungeon.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 08:15 AM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Hmmm as for Belial... he doesnt leave any items.... but if your bad or just greedy you can ask him for a powerful item if you got high enough persaude [img]smile.gif[/img] ... but then he leaves... not giving you enough time to kill him....

and you figured out the Runes... so [img]smile.gif[/img]
You can summon him without casting Protection from Alignment. That will let you fight him. He gates in a succubus (or at least he did when I fought him). Man, those swipes put the smackdown on me. LOL. Then the braziers all lit up. I took out his bi*ch, but he finally took me out. Jeez, course I am only 11th level though. Probably some of the problem there.