Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2002, 08:23 PM   #1
D W Washburn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello! Having played a few activision games in the past, I expected a spider or two within the first quarter of the game to say the least. I would have to say this first and second spider I have killed here, are quite a bit tougher then in previous games. Bloated yet..?
Am I to expect to be bloated, diseased, or poisoned many times in this game? Bring it on!
I am the Reconciler.

D W
D W Washburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 09:25 PM   #2
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Well, howdy D W, welcome to Ironworks. [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Unless you are a high-level monk or a different class like that (another is druid I think, check the manual to make sure), you will most likely be diseased and poisoned a lot in this game. Poison and disease do not do hit point damage though. Clerics and Paladins have spells and abilities that can dispel poisons and diseases.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:55 PM   #3
D W Washburn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Willard!!

I can't tell you guys how much fun I have been "experiencing" in this great addition into the Ironworks Gaming networks, fits right in with the best of the best- .
Potions have been nicely collected for healing and 24 hot key acess to actions, of sorts, suits me fine

Also, I have found very funny conversation along the way I might add ;D
A question about majick/magic resistance thow. I was severly dizzy for a round or two battling a user and need some enchanted equipment. Any heads up would be very appreciated.

D W
D W Washburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 07:52 AM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Don't forget that there are items in the game that will make you immune to poison, disease, etc. I found an amulet of lesser health that was doing pretty good for awhile. You still get poisoned, but a message pops up saying you are immune. I waded into a nest of spiders in the hills and only died once (cause I was swarmed by the da*ned things. LOL - like 20 or so). There are better amulets too, but at lower level, that was the best I could find. I have a regular amulet of health now which also makes you immune to level drain. It's really cool. Can't wait to see what the greater amulet does. ;o)
Old 07-27-2002, 08:21 AM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

That is also what is good about healing kits. You can heal poison and disease with them (any stat losses you took up to that point are still there, but you won't have any new losses). I discovered that the game lets anyone use a scroll of lesser restoration, restoration, or greater restoration (all restore your stats back to previous levels, and the latter 2 restore drained levels, too). There are potions of antidote and lesser restoration to be found/bought. Finally, if you are cheap (like I am ), then you can just use the stone of recall to get free healing in the temple. With one spell (why couldn't my 20th level cleric do this? ) they heal EVERYTHING that is damaged/ill with you. And it only costs 50 gold (as compared to potion prices) in Chapter 1 (it goes up later, but by then you'll have a horde that will make any great wyrm envious [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote