Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2003, 03:43 PM   #21
quietman1920

Charlie, perception and point of view are an important part of living life. Many people ask 'why is there Evil in the world' while never grasping 'how could we hope to understand or enjoy Good without having Evil to contrast it?'

Charlie, I'm sorry about the money. But I know that as long as you are alive and employed and in good health, you'll make more money. Who knows what good that money may be doing right now for someone who is homeless and hopeless? Please take comfort in the hope that you've provided to someone less fortunate in this world. As for your papers, they'd have expired in a few years anyway. Your new papers won't expire for 10 years, and they'll be a true souvenir from Australia.

Re: the chain link: Charlie, I Know that you would never have knowingly removed a national treasure from Australia. Customs would have treated you poorly if you had. You were priviledged enought to hold in your hand something that most can only see through a glass case. And in its own way, it has been returned to Australia....perhaps for someone else to find for a while.

Have you taken a moment to think about the symbolism of what happened? A chain that held someone in captivity, although broken long ago, finally found freedom. It can be seen as an analogy to you're bad luck: the bad luck was actually broken long ago, but you have held on to the point of view that you have bad luck. You are enslaved by belief in your mis-fortune. I strongly feel that once you free yourself from this point of view that you will be a much happier person. You Are a winner Charlie and have been for a very long time. Please let yourself accept the truth of that fact. And Smile: Every day that you wake up breathing most certainly beats the alternative.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:57 PM   #22
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Sorry to hear that!

Heep your head up and don`t give up!

"Take your time to feel my record, and if you
did chill a second, my blind method, will still wreck it.My young homies
stay strong...
"

"R U
Still Down, to raise em up?
"

GOOD LUCK! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 10-09-2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 10-09-2003, 05:19 PM   #23
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I wonder if he has the money to get online...? Leonis, Memnoch, did you guys get a contact number for him?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 10-09-2003, 06:42 PM   #24
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

No contact number. He has mine and can call anytime, and anyway I can help out I will.

Charlie, after meeting you, I'm just going to list a few of the things you haven't lost this year - Your wit, and wits; your gift of the gab and turns of phrase; your sense of humour; your compassion for others; your looks; your physical mobility; your capacity to meet a stranger, drink lots of beer and have have a great night with them... - these are but a few...

I can attest that your cigarettes and lighter mysteriously vanished though...

Your a top bloke Charlie, I echo Yorick's post and know through my own losses this year how easily things can become very hard.

If you need a hand in any way, give me a bell...
Take care man.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:02 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Charlie, Yorick said it best, but I will add that you ARE an AMAZING person and despite the bad things, you've got the good things Leonis mentioned too. That and a way of making people feel good about themselves, I've never forgotten our first emails and never will. So you hang in there and don't be too proud to take a bit of help from the Aussies if they offer, you hear?!
*big hugs*
Old 10-09-2003, 07:36 PM   #26
Atrayu
The Magister

The Druid clans are with you Charlie. Summon the power of nature when you most need it and it will comfort you. To hear the birds chirping and singing, light winds shimmerring the pine needle scent irresitibly across your nose... The planet Mars staring at you so true and stable. Full moon capturing the hidden night life of earth at a clear accidental picture.

Lift your eyes and head up bro! Daylight masks the vast universe. You will return to your land in glory someday, my prayer to you this night. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Atrayu
Old 10-10-2003, 03:54 AM   #27
Melusine
Dracolisk

Charlie - I really hope you'll be able to read Yorick's, Leonis's and Hierophants great advice on the thread, and Davros's offer, and all the other things that've been said. I hope you'll see them and get some support and comfort from the realisation that they're true - there are still things that you haven't lost, trite as it may sound.
I'm not going to soil your thread in derailing it to talk about my own problems, but I'll say that it does help for me to realise I still have my mind, my brains, an ability to appreciate beautiful things, etc. It does help. Oh, and what helps too: hugging. So here's a huge *HUG* for you mate. Take good care of yourself.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:06 PM   #28
wellard
Dracolisk

Arrow

Are you OK Charlie?

Post a reply so we know your not in goal or such. Any one heard from him recantly?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 10-15-2003, 09:57 AM   #29
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Charlie, although I do not know you well, I want to say that I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through rough times.

Having said that, I want to add that I would be more devastated if I had lost a loved one (which I did, in May this year). To me, losing something (especially of sentimental value) would be distressing and inconvenient over the short and medium term, but it is still bearable. It simply cannot be compared to losing someone and never being able to speak, see, hear or touch him/her again.