Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2001, 09:09 AM   #1
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OK, I´m about to go and buy Summoner this afternoon.

Anyone tried it and what did you think of it. Worth buying or should I wait for something better?

So well please give me a clue!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-11-2001, 12:00 PM   #2
Rikard

haven't got it myself but my nice Computermagazine gave it 88% and it';s pretty relayable i think..

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-11-2001, 12:20 PM   #3
CyberPixie

I bought it a couple of months ago. I only played around with it for about a half-hour, so I can't really tell you much about it. It seemed like it might be kind of fun, although the interface might take a little getting used to (at least for me).
I did post something about this game a while back asking if anyone had played it. I think Ziroc responded that he installed it, played it for about 5 minutes, and promptly packaged it back up and returned it!

[This message has been edited by CyberPixie (edited 05-11-2001).]

Old 05-11-2001, 01:08 PM   #4
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Be prepared to go in to solo mode with jekhar alot to save your stupid weak friends from getting themselves killed.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-11-2001, 01:49 PM   #5
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I bought it a couple of weeks ago and played around with it for a couple days. The graphics are very good, and the interface is good, but like someone mentioned before, it takes some getting used to. Somehow it hasn't sucked me in yet, but it is good.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-11-2001, 06:25 PM   #6
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Be prepared to go in to solo mode with jekhar alot to save your stupid weak friends from getting themselves killed.

OKI, is it like Vampire Redemption. The only thing I wished there was to leave thoose other a-h somewhere but I read that Summoner in multiplayer mode which can be done for solo playing is like an advanced version of Diablo 2 or something like that. I also bought today.. hehe, cause I read that the storyline was supposed to be superb.

Well have to see..

------------------

Old 05-11-2001, 06:33 PM   #7
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

If this keeps up, maybe I oughta try it out for myself too.

But it will take some time getting used to an different interface other than the "infinity" one.

(the leap from BG2 to Planescape Torment made me realise that - even though there're both from the same engine!)

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 05-11-2001, 06:51 PM   #8
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:
If this keeps up, maybe I oughta try it out for myself too.

But it will take some time getting used to an different interface other than the "infinity" one.

(the leap from BG2 to Planescape Torment made me realise that - even though there're both from the same engine!)

Yep they´re all different. But I didn´t like Vampires interface, real awkward and difficult, but the game was ok.

Every new game is a bit awkward in the beginning unless it is as it were with BG BG2 and IWD.. more or less the same.

------------------