Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2002, 10:53 AM   #101
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Cyrus Nightblade
~The half-elf shook his head, using the flat of his katana to nudge the man into the center of the triangle of strangers.~ "I don't want you going anywhere until you answer my question." ~He smirked, holding his narrow-featured head at an angle of superiority, his cobalt eyes studying Daniel.~ "You have told me why and how and to what end you venture on this darkened road, but you have yet to tell me who." ~Running his tongue over one of his upper canines, he looked down at Daniel like a cat does to a mouse before devouring it. His voice however, was patient and hightly amused, as though he were talking to a child.~ "Now come on man! Who are you? You walk straight forward you'll find a swamp full of monsters, you turn to the left and you walk into a war, you turn to the right and you'll be following us straight to our doom! Who is this brave man who so willingly marches into danger?"

Illuna Ravenwood
~The elf watched you circle her, standing tall and rigid. Her hands were clenched in tightly balled fists. When you had the gall to get close, you could almost hear her muscles tense. Her green eyes were narrowed in warning as she watched you circle, her mouth was clamped into a thin line.~ "I'm warning you! I might look like my cousin but I'm not half as tolerant as her!" ~She seethed, her body trembling under the effort of restraining herself.~ "You're a dirty, rotten scoundrel! And if you come within two feet of me again..."
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 11:04 AM   #102
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

When she finally spoke, her voice was light and airy ~ "Yes, Daniel Silverfall..." ~ Her merriment quite out of place in the tensed situation ~ "Tell us more about yourself, other than your name." ~ She threw a wink to Aragorn, who merely grunted in response.

This time, he held his peace, keenly studying the youth who was understandably discomfited ~ Almost the same age as myself... twenty-two... ~ For a strange reason, he found himself resenting the attention Eilonwy was heaping on him. Avoiding her glance, he concentrated his focus on Daniel, his hand all the while gripping the hilt of his long sword.
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 11:30 AM   #103
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

"Oh, I'm already within two feet," I say when she's through speaking. "Now c'mon, what do you have against me that causes you to hate me so passionately? Surely the fact that I'm involved with your cousin can't be all, seeing as how that is subject to change." I finished speaking just as I was in front of her and winked in her narrowed eyes. Scrutinizingly I looked her over, then held out a hand toward her.

[ 05-29-2002, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: SSJ4Sephiroth ]
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 03:15 PM   #104
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Daniel Silverfall

Ignoring the two thugs, Daniel made a short bow to the woman that spoke and replied,

"Aye, Miss...If it be your wish, I shall entertain your two gorillas! I am a farmer from the South. No reason to mention the town. I live outside of it, on my own land. My future father-in-law has bid me become a wealthy, independent man before I am allowed to wed his daughter, Marian Stonecreek. During the off season for planting, I scavange about the countryside, looking for new seeds for odd crops as well as any adventure that may lead me to wealth. I enjoy the outdoors and the chance to see new lands. I have ventured father this time than ever before, and am new to this wild terrain. Thus have you discovered me. That is the end of my tale."
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 08:03 PM   #105
mistral4543

The sparkle of amusement in her eyes brightened at his revelation, and her features contorted slightly in the desperate attempt to hold her laughter in check. When she was at last confident of speaking without exploding into giggles, she addressed him, her voice still as playful as before ~ "Thank you for your candour." ~ Sweeping him a deep curtsey herself ~ "Eilonwy at your service... just plain, old Eilonwy." ~ Adding pointedly ~ "I commend you on your courtly ways... it is so heartening to know that some people, at least, are capable of being civil." ~ The last remark directed at the half-scowling paladin.

Aragorn shot the sorceress a glare, his irritation mounting both towards her and himself ~ Damn this will-o-the-wisp! She's goading me... and succeeding, by the gods! If I could... ~ But he had no time to speculate what he could or could not do, for Cyrus was speaking...
Old 05-30-2002, 09:12 AM   #106
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Cyrus Nightblade
~Cyrus shot a shrug to Eilonwy as Daniel spoke. So far as his skills could extend, this man spoke the truth. There was no quiver to his voice, his eyes were focused, and if anything he certainly looked to be the kind who would roll around in dirt for a living. He then stifled a chuckle as Aragorn was again held victim to cruel ridicule by the little (albeit peculiar) maid. And for once he wouldn't add to the mockery, meerly because it looked like Aragorn was getting quite agitated by all of it. Regardless, we're being held up. Rolling his shoulders once and straightening his face, he strided alongside Daniel, bowing low in the elvish fashion to the sorceress. His tongue was brisk and slightly impatient.~ "M'lady, I hate to interrupt your conversation, but might I remind you that people are dying where we came from? The number of casualties will continue to climb until we complete the task we set ourselves to. Now..." ~He cast a sideways glance at the human. The scythe on his narrow cheek suddenly flared, as if it were hoping to set Daniel on fire.~ "I suggest we unhook this little guy... He's not big enough eat yet."

Illuna Ravenwood
(ooc: FYI, my dad said that he'll toy around with the messenger this weekend. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Grumble...)
~Illuna glared and pushed your hand away.~ "I'm not some wench to be looked over and chosen!" ~She cried out.~ "And I wouldn't be caught dead with a pig like you!" ~After a moment of crossed-arms glaring, her voice calmed down, but it was still tainted with venom.~ "And if you're seriously thinking of betraying my cousin like that..."
Old 05-30-2002, 09:39 AM   #107
mistral4543

To Aragorn's surprise, the wench's cheeks actually flushed! ~ "I'm sorry." ~ Her voice was contrite and she looked truly remorseful ~ How the hell does he manage to do that? ~ Yet his stray thoughts, too, were a silent rebuff. He nodded briefly at Cyrus and paid no further attention to Eilonwy, his eyes resting on the half-elf ~ "It's your call, Cyrus." ~ Not that it mattered particularly whether or not this Daniel tagged along.

[ 05-30-2002, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 05-30-2002, 01:03 PM   #108
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Daniel Silverfall

Daniel watched the conversation and moods of the three with a renewed interest. This sounded like something very exciting that they were in. He spoke up quickly, hoping that he had not already been forgotten.

"Uh..May I...er...come along? I would most like to be of assistance to any valiant attempt to prevent evil from spreading, and deaths to occur. I would not be any trouble, for I can at least hold my own with a sword. If I die, 'tis nothing to you. If I live, then my own satisfaction is won, at no cost to you. What say ye?"
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:11 PM   #109
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ooc: well i hope that you get it worked out soon, i wanna have voice chat with you!

I withdraw my hand and place it behind my back. "Look over and choose? Trust me, any decision was made a long time ago." Cautiously I step closer until we're almost touching. "And I'll remind you that there was never any decision of commitment made to your cousin..." With a chuckle I moved in even closer and began to dip my head a bit toward hers.
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 10:00 PM   #110
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Cyrus Nightblade

~The half-elf's cobalt eyes widened, and he unintentionally blurted out.~ "You?" ~His jaw clamped shut, eyeing Daniel.~ "Well..." ~Aragorn's words rang in his head. It's your call Cyrus. He was the proclaimed leader of this expedition. He sighed, tapping his fingers on the hilt of his katana thoughtfully, the other hand cupping over his lips. After a moment he agreed, though his voice had a warning growl to it.~ "You can come with, kid. But if you pull anything..." ~One of his blue-black eyebrows raised.~ "You won't have opportunity to do so again." ~He looked seriously down at the human.~ "Got it, croppy?"

Illuna Ravenwood
(ooc: [img]tongue.gif[/img] I finished drawing the full-body picture of Lorath IV. The chain-shirt is marvelous, the anotomy is stunning, and his face SUCKS. So I think I'll toss it.)

~Illuna quailed, stepping back once and bending her knees to escape you. She nearly fell backwards, but caught her balance with a nearby branch before she toppled over. Still cowering, she looked up at you, losing her confidence by the second.~ "Lorath!" ~She bit her trembling lip, regaining enough will to squeak over the frog in her throat.~ "Just stop it! It isn't funny anymore!" ~She stood up, mustering the last of her defiance, standing eye to eye with you, and getting in your face. She managed a final growl.~ "Stop playing around and leave me alone!"