Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2003, 10:41 AM   #1
BaRoN NiGhT

i want to share some lich tactics.

while there are many ways to beat liches.the most cheesy one is by using the protection from undead scroll.it wont even see you.but that wont bring you in the heat of the battle.but it rather brings you into cheap tactics.

how to beat them with a fair battle? well first of all, use the MACE of DESRUPTION (of course the +2 one)!its so powerful againts undeads.use it on yer best fighter, and cast protection from magic and thaco enchanted spells, and dont forget haste. i manage to beat kangaxx the demi-lich and shangalar(for the staff of the magi), less than 10 seconds, by one blow!

while most strategy guides recomend to beat shangalar after chapter 6, i did it on chapter 3, with 1 try.(i did it with ONLY one character, while my other watches the battle)

[ 06-19-2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: BaRoN NiGhT ]
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:52 AM   #2
new to BG II
The Magister

SPOILER
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
im on chap 3 now.and i wandered into this building in the docks area... there i encountered an elemental liche.
He went totally psycho on my party...
Did these amazing spells on me....
I never went there again.
new to BG II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 11:06 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I like Azuredge,becuase I can throw it and i prefer MoD+2 over Azuredge sometimes. As for tactic:
-bring his defenses down,throw Azuredge and hope that Lich fails a save...The Undead were never so easy to kill

Edit:Welcome to Ironworks [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

I hope will enjoy your stay

[ 06-19-2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 12:03 PM   #4
Agent Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
I like Azuredge,becuase I can throw it and i prefer MoD+2 over Azuredge sometimes. As for tactic:
-bring his defenses down,throw Azuredge and hope that Lich fails a save...The Undead were never so easy to kill

Well the best and the easiest way is to train your cleric to a very high level and had him turn undead when ur party encounter a lich. Within a few second u can see his body burst like a balloon
Old 06-20-2003, 02:08 AM   #5
Envy
Dungeon Master

Hmm my lich (not demilich) tactic is

Have my F/M PC take daystar to his hand and let Anomen memorize the sunray spell
then (daystar's use one day ability,to cast sunray)say hi to Mr.Lich and (by the way u are hasted of course)cast 2 shots of sunray and watch him boil (and all the other undeads too)
Old 06-20-2003, 02:08 AM   #6
Silversten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i don't bother with any of that stuff i just get my archer to fire some poison arrows, the poison makes it fail all spells, just a matter of removing the contingencies.
Silversten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:58 AM   #7
Jan

Spoiler (just to be sure)!!

I took my best tank, gave him the upgraded MoD and had a mage cast haste on him. Killed all the liches in SoA in first blow except one which only managed to cast one spell. A little cheesy.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:53 AM   #8
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Here is a nice Lich strategy: the only requirements are that you can hit the Lich and are an inquisitor paladin level 13 or higher: dispel magic @ levelx2 and hack away!

Really, how would a solo thief or monk handle a lich? Im gonna find out I am.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:18 PM   #9
Dobian
Dungeon Master

Here's a strategy that only works if you have a monk. Buff up your monk, send him in to face the lich alone, and watch the show. Only liches that can cast imprison (like Kangaxx) are problematic, in which case I use Korgan in beserk mode.
Dobian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:21 PM   #10
Dobian
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
Really, how would a solo thief or monk handle a lich? Im gonna find out I am.
Yep, monks do really well against liches once their level is high enough. Really well. Of course, that's a monk against just about anything. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dobian is offline   Reply With Quote