Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2001, 07:11 AM   #261
Donut
Jack Burton

11:24 GMT

Chinese state media is reporting that members of the US air crew held after their spy plane ditched are to be released.

The reports gave no details as to when the release will take place.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Heading for Cardiff
Old 04-11-2001, 07:20 AM   #262
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well, i already heard it. you missed something

US government handed in apology letter to China foreignfare office
in the letter, Bush government expressed his sincere apologize and remorse to chinese people and Wang Wei's family

Chinese will further negotiate with Us about numerous things after the release of US crew
Old 04-11-2001, 07:27 AM   #263
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
well, i already heard it. you missed something

US government handed in apology letter to China foreignfare office
in the letter, Bush government expressed his sincere apologize and remorse to chinese people and Wang Wei's family

Chinese will further negotiate with Us about numerous things after the release of US crew

You are paraphrasing the official Xinhua News Agency. Perhaps we should wait to hear from a less biased source.

------------------

Heading for Cardiff
Old 04-11-2001, 07:36 AM   #264
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

just why do you think Chinese release US men? without gotten what they want?
and you say XingHua is biased? what about your media source? nothing is perfectly objective, as long as a human mind involved.

fine, go ahead and wait, see what is to come
Old 04-11-2001, 07:41 AM   #265
JJ/newbie

Holy Cow, a real commie-lover here in the great escape? Does Z know about this? According to reports on fox news, the US expressed 'regrets' that there was a loss of life, and landing in china territory w/o permission.
"Let your enemy cary off as much face as possible, boy, just don't let them carry off anything of value" - Aral Vorkosigan to Miles, in The Vor Game, by Lois McMaster Bujold.
a good example:
Jimbo, did not even see you last time i was on board, i enjoyed your posts immensely, the detailed relation of supportable fact will always reveal the fuzzy emotion-based thinkers for the frauds they are.
I'm off to the cafe for a beer, anyone else?

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To
And...
Because Sometimes They're Wrapped Too Tight, I Am (about the only one left) The Resident Corset Loosener Of The Moon's Hope Inn Ladies' Guild (in training)

Old 04-11-2001, 07:42 AM   #266
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

btw, one thing i dont get it. everything I quoted is "biased" cannot you guys see? this is simply the two sides of the same coin. not everything said from china is biased, and not everything said from US is truth. the reverse is true.

stop hide behind the word "bias," doing so only shows the biase of your own judgement.
Old 04-11-2001, 07:51 AM   #267
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ/newbie:
Holy Cow, a real commie-lover here in the great escape? Does Z know about this? According to reports on fox news, the US expressed 'regrets' that there was a loss of life, and landing in china territory w/o permission.
"Let your enemy cary off as much face as possible, boy, just don't let them carry off anything of value" - Aral Vorkosigan to Miles, in The Vor Game, by Lois McMaster Bujold.
a good example:
Jimbo, did not even see you last time i was on board, i enjoyed your posts immensely, the detailed relation of supportable fact will always reveal the fuzzy emotion-based thinkers for the frauds they are.
I'm off to the cafe for a beer, anyone else?

US said same thing like you did when they apologied to Korea back then. what if I tell you we all expected the incidents to turn out this way? does that mean chinese wisedom win out? I think no

the truth is: an apology is made, and a tyrany lowered his head. know that a hamfist don't get you anywhere. an aggressive foreign policy can only scare off the weak.
Old 04-11-2001, 07:57 AM   #268
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
btw, one thing i dont get it. everything I quoted is "biased" cannot you guys see? this is simply the two sides of the same coin. not everything said from china is biased, and not everything said from US is truth. the reverse is true.

stop hide behind the word "bias," doing so only shows the biase of your own judgement.
250, you don't know my 'judgement' because I haven't posted it here. Any news agency controlled by the government is bound to give a one-sided view because that is the very reason that they exist in the first place.

China will claim that they have received an apology for the invasion of Chinese air space, for the 'murder' of the pilot and for spying. The US will claim that they have simply stated that they are sorry that a man died without apologising for causing the death. It's called diplomacy, both sides claim victory and report to their respective peoples that they were in the right all along.

------------------

Heading for Cardiff
Old 04-11-2001, 08:01 AM   #269
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

shame, shame!

obviously US is not going to stop after this. this incident had clearly triggered the distrust and caused misunderstanding between two nations. by this tendency, if incidents like this continue to add up, it will lead to no good end. this is the remark of a secon cold war, or worse

and americans don't laugh, this is only the beginning of terrible things. things that benefit no one!
Old 04-11-2001, 08:05 AM   #270
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
250, you don't know my 'judgement' because I haven't posted it here. Any news agency controlled by the government is bound to give a one-sided view because that is the very reason that they exist in the first place.

China will claim that they have received an apology for the invasion of Chinese air space, for the 'murder' of the pilot and for spying. The US will claim that they have simply stated that they are sorry that a man died without apologising for causing the death. It's called diplomacy, both sides claim victory and report to their respective peoples that they were in the right all along.

Donut, well said. I know every bit of truth as clear as my brain tells me.

China claimed US apologized, while US did in fact, claimed it was only a regret. Sure, things are solving, but it is not towards the best direction. US is not turning back from the road he had chosen, and worse, he is dragging along US people to build his world empire.

Chinese people might be calmed for now, but the gap had already been widened after this incidents. the future don't look very bright.