Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2001, 09:17 PM   #171
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Sorry to be so late in responding. My internet was down at home.

250 thank you for correcting some of my ignorant thinking. I hadn't realized that your country was that open. especially after what we all saw happen
at Tienamin Square (sp). I was in shock when your government sent the tanks in against the peaceful students and academics that were demonstrating peacefully.

Still I have to ask if your family belongs to the party. You seem to have a lot of freedom when compared to what we hear in the west, through our news.

I really don't think we need to worry about war. I doubt seriously that we would
send in troops over this. This will be settled diplomaticlly. It would truely be a stupid thing to start a war over. I also don't think there will be an apology from us over this.

You all must remember something else about our government. We have three branches of government here. The Executive Branch which is the President, The Legislative Branch which is the House and Senate and the Judical Branch which are our judges. These Branches are all roughly equal in power. Bush runs the Executive branch. He will be under a tremendous amount of pressure from the House and Senate to take stronger action against China the longer this thing goes on. I don't think that would be military, but economic in nature. He will
resist it for a while, but not forever. There have already been calls for overturning China's Most Favored Trading Status in both the house and the Senate.

Have nice night 250.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Ten Rings there are, and nine gold torcs on the battlechiefs of old...
Old 04-09-2001, 09:44 PM   #172
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Sorry to be so late in responding. My internet was down at home.
no problem

250 thank you for correcting some of my ignorant thinking. I hadn't realized that your country was that open. especially after what we all saw happen
at Tienamin Square (sp). I was in shock when your government sent the tanks in against the peaceful students and academics that were demonstrating peacefully.

yes, me too. but I was small back then, I had no idea what was going on. from what I heard... well, i heard lots of things

Still I have to ask if your family belongs to the party. You seem to have a lot of freedom when compared to what we hear in the west, through our news.

yes, my father. media reports a lot of things. some tend to spread horroable news, because people like to hear them. some though, talk about others' fault, which can be true, so that locals can have a sense of "better". some do report truth objectively.

I really don't think we need to worry about war. I doubt seriously that we would
send in troops over this. This will be settled diplomaticlly. It would truely be a stupid thing to start a war over. I also don't think there will be an apology from us over this.

it is indeed a stupid reason to start a war, but is "sorry" such a hard thing to say? I noticed you apologized to me, even though I hadn't demanded or accused you in slight manner. so ask yourself, what were you thinking when you said "sorry"
then, would you not do the samething, if you are to be responsible for someone's death.
China talk about polite, respect, and self-respect. Saving face is a thing of government and politics, but its people want an apology just to have their hurted feelings ease.

You all must remember something else about our government. We have three branches of government here. The Executive Branch which is the President, The Legislative Branch which is the House and Senate and the Judical Branch which are our judges. These Branches are all roughly equal in power. Bush runs the Executive branch. He will be under a tremendous amount of pressure from the House and Senate to take stronger action against China the longer this thing goes on. I don't think that would be military, but economic in nature. He will
resist it for a while, but not forever. There have already been calls for overturning China's Most Favored Trading Status in both the house and the Senate.

I doubt it is really a good thing for either china or america to remove China's Most Favored Trading Status.
however, US had already sending armies into pacific, some ahd already arrived numerous US bases at east asia. I don't know man, would Bush really give the word to attack? just for the sake of not wanting to admit what he had done is wrong? I would certainly be disappointed and pained to see that happen.
remember, war or not, the government's action is causing hatred and misunderstanding between two people.

Have nice night 250.

you too

Old 04-10-2001, 02:30 AM   #173
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I love this board. Long live international understanding!

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-10-2001, 02:57 AM   #174
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I love this board. Long live international understanding!

heh, WAZZZAAAAAP!

Old 04-10-2001, 08:17 AM   #175
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
A quote from the almighty President of the United States of America

"relations with China 'could become damaged' if the standoff over the spy plane continues."

Does this guy have a grasp on things or what!
Everytime I hear Bush speak, I seem to wait for him to flub a word.. I dunno why just weird.. like I expect it..

Ziroc

Old 04-10-2001, 08:19 AM   #176
Sir_Tainly

I have a China crisis, all my crockery is cracked

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-10-2001, 10:09 AM   #177
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Sir_Tainly

LMAO! That truly is a china crisis

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-10-2001, 10:15 AM   #178
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Sir_Tainly

LMAO! That truly is a china crisis

Thought this thread required a little humour, seemed to be getting too heated last time I visited.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-10-2001, 10:51 AM   #179
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I use to live in hawaii 10 minutes WALKING distance to where the japanese planes were first spotted and it is on the completely opposite side of the island from where pearl harbor is so Japan just flew straight through all the towns that had no military protection except for a few crappy little bunkers which couldnt have been big enough for radar because I used to play in the abandoned ones all the time and their hella small.Anyway like 2 hours later they are bombing pearl harbor and the navy got slaughtered because of not knowing where the enemy was coming from.Still with me? well thats the reason why the U.S.A. has to use the spy planes so we dont get our ass handed to us again and thats why bush is not going to apologize because it was necessary and every country does it.

------------------
RULE #1:I am always right
RULE #2:See rule #1
Old 04-10-2001, 10:53 AM   #180
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
I have a China crisis, all my crockery is cracked

LOL