Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 11:48 PM   #91
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
I don't know about him, but I am!

dont laugh accord, canada is close enough to catch the backlash if it were to come to blows.

------------------
Old 04-07-2001, 11:50 PM   #92
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
dont laugh accord, canada is close enough to catch the backlash if it were to come to blows.

I highly doubt there will be any real conflict my friend. Both sides are just looking for "face savers" now.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-07-2001, 11:58 PM   #93
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
I highly doubt there will be any real conflict my friend. Both sides are just looking for "face savers" now.

i doubt it myself, but this is what i see. usa is have some economic troubles. if you'll look through our history you'll see that in times of serious economic problems a war has always pulled us out. wwi ended the great depression. the cold ware helped our 1980's recession. the gulf war fixed other economic problems. and the powers that be may see a war , cold or other wise as a solution to the current situation.

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 12:00 AM   #94
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

accord, i know your taking some economic's classes right now, so if i'm wrong about something here, or if you have some insight please , do tell

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 12:05 AM   #95
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I'm pretty sure 1/2 of the world will jump on whoever throws the first punch. As far as economic concerns, USA can use China's mass market and production opportunities while China can use the investments and further expand its trades. It is mutually beneficial for both countries to continue the not-so-hostile trade relation rather than engaging in "physical" warfare.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 12:06 AM   #96
Jimbo
The Magister

Okay, I spend a week in the books reading and studying for a big test and I miss the debate.

Anyway, first, alot of misinformation has been stated by a lot of people.
For basic reference on the P-3 go look up in jane's web page
http://www.janes.com/
(jane's weapons is an independent firm that collects military data on equipment and missions and backs it up and make's it available to bidders and some for public domain way to go brit's!). Also, go read the history. Lots and lots of history, especially in reconnaissance, surveillance, and espionage. You will find out it ain't all cloak and dagger and that it is more alot of setting at a desk and trying to figure out a puzzle.

First of all, the pilot, Wang, did something that was freaking nutty, and for his mistake he died, and he almost killed 24 more people in the process.
The P-3 is a 4 engine big ass pig that flies slow, and kicks up alot of air around its turboprop (propellers). Wang flew with in 10 FEET of the air craft! Damn it that is stupid. Why? Because of the way the air is pushed out from those four turbo props he ended up getting sucked up into the belly of the P-3. Not only that but he did have a history of previous stunts. This guy pushed the envolope and got burned. Enough said. There ain't no super ray gun we pulled out the side of the P-3 and made him blow up. We don't have a weather machine that can make it seem like he was blown into the sea. It was pilot error.

Now, we have established the fact that it happened in international waters too. International waters is only 12NM, China claims it to be http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2001Apr5.html
almost to the other islands (I could make a snide comment that China is being selfish and wanting to take more water rights than anyone, well except for Lybia). So, the grounds that it happens in China Waters, would also mean that it happened in disputed waters, as if you go by China's standards you would have to let Phillipines and Tawain and Japan (and on and on) have there claim, then you have a big mess, and more trouble.

Electronic warfare has been going on for a long time, and basically, what we do is fly the big spy plane that has equipment that listens in and pics up all kinds of electronic signals and our boys and girls on board the aircraft sort it out and send it off. We don't invade your airspace or waterspace. The other country will often send up two interceptors to come up, look at us, then fly off. Problem is that China's pilot basically screwed up. He got to close, and got himself killed and almost the P-3 crew. It can be compaired to an idiot trying to drive a porche underneath a semi-trailer, and wondering why that wind caused him to wreck when he got in the back draft of it.

Why am I riding the pilot for being and idiot? Because as a Firefighter/EMT-B I have seen TOO MANY FREAKING AVOIDABLE ACCIDENTS THAT HAVE HAPPENED! You are not freaking superman, you maybe able to pull off a stunt once, but when you push the envolope too many times you will get burned, and you might hurt someone else. Personally I don't care if you die, but damnit I don't want to have to tell some lady she is a widow and childless, because you were stupid, and killed someone and there kid too.

And as far as attacking Pres Bush, please give details and back up what you say. You called him a fasciast, would you please explain and prove it. If not your not proving much except that your mad that you didn't get your way, and you will use name-calling to prove your point. I have no love for him either, but I will not attack him unless I have vailid proof, not some rant that makes you sound like a kid who is mad cause he didn't get his way.

Sorry to get on my soap box, but sometimes it has to be told. Everyone should go out and educate themselves on the issue, and read from both sides. I suggest starting with CNN, The Washington Post, London Times, BBC, hell, go to Yahoo and click on the links (amazed me that they had so many diffrent wire services). Make up your own mind and then make a decision. I will say that this may not be capable in some countries as they are censoured from being able to really get the truth out and read and uncensoured news service.

I am damn proud to be the problem and hate of your passion. I am a white american male of english decent with a long line of ass-kicking in my blood. You may bloody me, but the muts of amercia will kick your ass in the long run (just ask Vietnam, they might have got a round but were back with Coca-cola, Cigs, beer, and consumer based society hehe we win ).

------------------
Drink and be merry
Jimbo
"Renegade, Rebel, and Rogue"
Old 04-08-2001, 12:07 AM   #97
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

hey Slackerboy,
Cool sig, but it wiggs out my computer, I must have to slow a modem or something
Old 04-08-2001, 12:07 AM   #98
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
accord, i know your taking some economic's classes right now, so if i'm wrong about something here, or if you have some insight please , do tell

LOL! Don't worry my friend, the highest level of economic classes I have taken is level 3 (third year), meaning I am not a economist. I can't afford to take any higher level classes due to the work load of my major (i.e. accounting).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 12:14 AM   #99
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo:
Okay, I spend a week in the books reading and studying for a big test and I miss the debate.

edited for length

exellent post. well thought out and technicall info to back it up. i totally agree. i am a bush supporter. at the very least he is much better than the alternative.

john d. sorry about that. does it keep you from reading the post? or just seeing my sig. this is the first complaint i've had about the sig, i've had complaints about other things.

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 12:15 AM   #100
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I am curious to see how your sig will show when I use my dial up at home.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!