Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2000, 09:29 AM   #1
QuigQuag

I finished playing W&W last week, thanks all for the helpfull posts! Some of you have recomended games such as Daggerfall and the Wizards (6,7) series, which I would like to try out next. Unfortunately when I ask for these titles in the stores, the typical response is a blank look from the clerk. (By the way I have already played the Might & Magic (6,7, series). The stores I have tried are, CompuCenter, Electronics Boutique, Computer City, and Future Shop. I would appreciate anyones suggestions on what stores in the Toronto, Canada area they would recomend for a large selection of computer games. Until then its back to Unreal Tounament for me. Also has anyone else noticed how small thecomputer games section in these stores has been getting at the expense of console titles? My wife has been threatening me with the X-Box when it comes out. She says the computer costs to much to upgrade every time a new resource hogging games come out.
Old 12-15-2000, 09:53 AM   #2
gaunty
The Magister

YES the never ending catch up game called the
IBM computer system for gaming purpose's "is" very exspensive. the rpg adds are saying that some good (yah every one will say anything) games coming out in the spring.
have you ran through half life 1 and 2? dagerfall: it was made for a 486 system. when I tried to put it on a peni it ran slow.
It is a good game, but there is a clip problem. just make sure your system can speed the game up.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 03:51 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You can order Daggerfall through Bethesda Softwork's website:

http://www.bethsoft.com/

Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 04:54 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You can also order The Ultimate Wizardry Archives through Interplay's web site. Do a search on "Wizardry" there in their Quick Search utility. It's under $20, and you get all 7 Wizardry games plus Wiz Gold.

http://www.interplay-store.com/homepage.html

Hope this helps!
Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 12:21 AM   #5
Lily the Ranger

Thanks, Sazerac!!! I have been searching websites and didn't locate these two. Is there a problem playing old games on new operating systems such as Win 98 or Win ME? I picked oup one game that was $4 and thought it couldn't hurt but another shopper told me his girlfriend couldn't play it on Win ME.
Old 12-16-2000, 12:26 AM   #6
Lily the Ranger

Thanks, xeno and voodoo for the info. I need to get a new computer book as I can do almost anything if I have the info. I just don't have the logical knowledge loaded in my head. Can't wait until there is time to take a course and learn more about the computer. Think I will stick with Win 98 for now . . . sounds a bit more friendly.
Old 12-16-2000, 02:20 AM   #7
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is wizardy gold the same as W7 with a new interface, or is it something different?
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 02:21 AM   #8
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh, and Lily, many of these are DOS games. You should be able to play them on any wndows system, but you need to learn how to revert to DOS.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 04:23 AM   #9
xenotoca

up to windows 98 you have the option of restarting the computer in dos mode. Windows ME no longer has this option you will have to press F8 WHILST THE COMPUTER IS STARTING UP and select the command line only option. You may not have a CD drive using this option so will have to load a CD driver. You can of course start up with the Windows start up disk but will then have no sound oor best of all make a DOS start up disk.
M any DOS games run perfectly well in a DOS box in windows (Doom Daggerfall ect) or you can look in the properties and change to run in DOS but again you may not get the CD driver.
PS having the DOS CD driver in your start up will not affect windows and you will never loose the CD as sometimes used to happen with 95
Old 12-16-2000, 04:41 AM   #10
voodoo

By all means, take a shot at the Fallout 1 and 2, they are amazing games. Both of those games involved a lot of those "Oh, it's dawn!" nights. Nevermind an RPG with shotguns and miniguns.