Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2001, 10:08 PM   #101
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi enters the tavern, followed by his new companion. He glances around, and sees that everyone except for Neb is well within sight. Larry and Mistral are talking, and Larry suddenly blushes bright red. Come along, I have a few people I would like you to meet.
Old 11-04-2001, 10:10 PM   #102
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

As she sweeps, she allows her thoughts to run wild...

Finally, my name is cleared... do I really want to go back to an empty shell of a home? I suppose I will have to, but it is all an unpleasant memory... ~ She sighs ~ My past continues to dampen my spirits...when will I ever be rid of it?...And yet, without a past, I would have no parents to speak of... ~ Realising the futility of the situation, her eyes darken momentarily.

She casts a secretive glance at Larry before continuing with her task ~ My heart almost completely belongs to him now, and it feels so strange... I am turning so frivolous all of a sudden, and yet, it thrills me to the bones... This simple life... it's what I've been looking for, surely... ~

Lost in her train of thoughts, she fails to hear Sephi. Aware of some other messages penetrating her brain, she smiles ~ Not again... ~

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

Old 11-04-2001, 10:17 PM   #103
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Just as Mistral was preocupied, Chaos moved in for the attack. He creeps up behind her, as stealthly as a cat, Breathes in to let out the most horrible bark the world has ever heard, but something goes wrong. As he inhaled, Mistral's broom had stirred up some dust, which he had inhaled. Instead of scaring her to death with his famous bark +5 vs girls, all that came out was a pitiful sneeze. He began to cower away, defeated...
Old 11-04-2001, 10:21 PM   #104
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>ATTN: Mistral...Let me know if you will be on ICQ tonight. I had to turn it off because my sister is on it and she is bugging me...

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 11-04-2001, 10:26 PM   #105
mistral4543

(ooc: You mean as in now? Nope, I don't have ICQ on. Remember that I said we can use it only on weekends? You are pretty forgetful... [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 11-04-2001, 11:07 PM   #106
mistral4543

Okay, Isabeau... I know you're not very happy with the way things are turning out... ~ Grinning, she looks to her familiar and extends her right arm. The hawk sweeps across the room and grips her upper shoulder with her talons.

So you want to play, huh?... And away from these outsiders, eh?... ~ She rubs her nose against Isabeau's beak ~ Oh, alright...it is rather crowded here, with a full-grown wolf, 7 cubs, Aerynkoryk, Spree, Deiter, Kaz, yourself, I, Larry... ~ Shaking her head in amazement, she continues her telepathic conversation with her familiar ~ I see your point completely. Let's go. ~

Turning to Larry, she points to Isabeau and gestures that they will be leaving the tavern for a short while. She then jerks her right arm so that the hawk takes off and flies through the window.

As Mistral reaches the door, she finally notices the re-appearance of Sephi. This time, he has a female companion with him...~ What a crowded party we have here... ~ Addressing Sephi, she gives an embarassed smile and explains ~ "Sorry, my familiar is rather touchy. I need to pacify her for a while." ~ Smiling again awkwardly, she bypasses him and the lady and walks out into the streets once more, Isabeau hovering above her.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

Old 11-05-2001, 12:14 AM   #107
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry allowed Mistral to go, uninterupted. She, after-all, was a very free-spirited young lady and needed some time to herself every little while. So, Larry waved good-bye to her and smiled as he nodded his ok to her leaving.
He turned towards Sephi, who obviously had a guest with him. Chaos come trotting up to sit at Larry's heel, whimpering at his loss of fun.

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 11-05-2001, 12:26 AM   #108
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi and Jaclyn approached Larry. Ah, Larry, nice to see you again! I've brought someone I would like you to meet. This is Jaclyn, my soon-to-be bride. Jaclyn, this is Larry, my traveling companion for the last week. Jaclyn took a curtsie then shook Larry's hand. It's an honor to finally meet you, Sephi spoke of you quite a bit on the way over. He thinks very highly of you and everyone here it seems.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:28 AM   #109
mistral4543

How's this?...Or this?... Or that?... ~ She gazes at her familiar fondly ~ You sure are picky, Isabeau. ~ Closing her eyes for the moment, she senses the wave of love gushing throughout her body and opens her eyes, smiling at Isabeau ~ Of course I love you, silly... no, I wasn't mad at you, at all. ~

They continue to examine the various wares displayed at the market square. Noticing something particularly eye-catching, Mistral points to it ~ Look, Isabeau! Isn't that neat?... I wonder... ~ She frowns a little ~ You don't think so?...Not appropriate?... Why not?!... Ah, well...I guess our opinions differ. ~

Turning to the grumpy old man with a bent back, she speaks ~ "Excuse me, how much is this?" ~ She opens her palm to reveal her choice; Isabeau emits a single shriek.

"Hey! Tell your bird to shut her trap..." ~ He immediately hushes as the hawk swoops to his face, her curved beak pointed precariously at his nose ~ "...hrm...a hundred gold pieces." ~ His voice comes out hoarsely. He feels the beak pressing in.... ~ " ...erm.. on second thoughts, you can have it f..for free." ~

"If you insist." ~ Mistral grins, pocketing her new possession ~ "Come on, girl!" ~ She leaves the stall, Isabeau circling above her.

Old 11-05-2001, 05:29 AM   #110
mistral4543

"Well, here we are again, Isabeau." ~ As they venture towards the statue, a lump forms in her throat. Clenching her fists, she walks towards the spot where she had previously dug up the grave for her familiar. She kneels down, motioning Isabeau to settle on the ground beside her.

The torrents of sorrow from Isabeau overwhelm her momentarily and her body trembles ~ I know it's difficult to face this, Isabeau... we were almost separated here not too long ago... Here I am, dragging you to this of all places, when all you want is a good time... But, Isabeau, this is important... it's a private moment that no one can ever steal from us. ~ She tilts her head downwards to look into her hawk's gleaming eyes ~ "I want to thank you again, for returning to my side." ~ Her misty eyes blink rapidly, and she bites her lips.

As Isabeau flutters into her arms, she catches her gently and enfolds her into a tender embrace. She closes her eyes ~ I know it hurts that I love Larry so much more now... but I want you to know that you will always have a place in our hearts, especially mine... ~ Forgive me, Isabeau... I need human companionship as well... ~

She re-opens her limpid eyes and manages an affectionate grin ~ "Shall we play?" ~ Standing up, she pirouettes around with Isabeau circling her playfully. The suppressed giggles in the garden break out into a joyous laughter, occasionally punctuated by a soft shriek. Time is suspended for mistress and familiar as their hearts intertwine as one... ~

Yes... unfortunately it is time to leave... the rest are waiting for us... ~ She regretfully stops her dance. In the air, Isabeau casts a beady glance at her before soaring into the sky, leading her back to the One-Eyed Wolf tavern... ~