Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2001, 04:30 PM   #1
Conan

OK.. here is what happened...I live in a townhouse in the middle of the row. Since last January my neighbor has been shooting squirels out of his window in the back yard. Then either leaveing the dead body's on my brick patio, or just throwing them in the trash. I did not put this together until last month. Since the guy is never around I could not talk to him about it. Finally this last sunday, seems to be his hit day, he started at 10 in the morning. 1,2, and 3 down. This is a townhouse complex mind you..

Well, infuriated and not wanting to knock on the mans door, because he had a gun, I called the police. They arrived and caught him picking up the bodys redhanded! Animal control came also and took the bodys for examination. He denied it all and now is under investigation for a couple of things.

My lesson learned is this; My inaction when I put it all together cost these animals their lives. If I would have acted sooner...I did act thow. Next time a little sooner.
Conan

------------------
Man, I'm going to be saddle sore!

Old 05-23-2001, 04:32 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Conan, I feel for you, man. You did the right thing by calling in the police on that nutcase, though. In this day and age, it's never wise to go head-to-head with someone with a gun.

Anyone capable of doing that to a defenseless animal is capable of doing it to a child.

Old 05-23-2001, 04:33 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
OK.. here is what happened...I live in a townhouse in the middle of the row. Since last January my neighbor has been shooting squirels out of his window in the back yard. Then either leaveing the dead body's on my brick patio, or just throwing them in the trash. I did not put this together until last month. Since the guy is never around I could not talk to him about it. Finally this last sunday, seems to be his hit day, he started at 10 in the morning. 1,2, and 3 down. This is a townhouse complex mind you..

Well, infuriated and not wanting to knock on the mans door, because he had a gun, I called the police. They arrived and caught him picking up the bodys redhanded! Animal control came also and took the bodys for examination. He denied it all and now is under investigation for a couple of things.

My lesson learned is this; My inaction when I put it all together cost these animals their lives. If I would have acted sooner...I did act thow. Next time a little sooner.
Conan

Dont be too hard on yourself. You learned your lesson, and are all the wiser because of it

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
My dreams lie shattered, my heart broken,
A casulty on a battlefield called love.
Old 05-23-2001, 04:34 PM   #4
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

hey, you did what you could. Was it a real gun or a BB/Pellet gun? Either way that would certainly piss me off.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-23-2001, 04:35 PM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sheesh! You just can't believe some people.
Glad you called the cops and didn't go in there yourself...!

------------------

Old 05-23-2001, 04:35 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

OOooh, wierd.

This would happen here too if everyone had a gun, but fortunately people don't.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-23-2001, 04:36 PM   #7
Dramnek_Ulk

Shooting sqirrals if there be no need is wanton cruelty, And thats sure sign of a disturbed mind.

------------------

Dreams,Where did they go? reflections from thousands of lightyears ago...

Old 05-23-2001, 04:46 PM   #8
Moni

Conan,
You did the right thing!
On behalf of squirrels everywhere I thank you!

I used to hand feed the squirrels that lived under my shed in AZ...my backyard was their spring nursery where the babies would come out and get their first look at life above ground...my neighbors always tried to drown them out by sticking water hoses down the holes, too stupid to realize that the squirrels had underground tunnels that went for miles all around us. They hated me for feeding them, telling me that they were flea and disease ridden rodents...all the while their dogs were covered with fleas, ticks, and surrounded by clouds of flies.
Stupid people suck.

I have two young squirrels that hang out here in my back yard in Texas. I make them a peanut butter sandwich for lunch every day.
I bet by this time next year, they will take them from my hand.

Moni

------------------

Old 05-23-2001, 04:46 PM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

What a horrible story Conan! I'm very glad you called the police, don't feel guilty because yo acted late, at least you acted!!
I just got my hamster today(see hamster name thread) and I can't understand why people do these things

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-23-2001, 05:12 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Conan - I too live in Alexandria. I cannot believe he was shooting a gun from his window and did not get busted right off the bat. He could have missed and hit a person. Do not feel bad about not calling the police earlier. The fact that you finally did, when nobody else had, is what is important.

------------------