Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2004, 05:41 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

My party has just arrived to Kuldahar and I am wondering if there is anything special to buy (weapon,spell,potion) and what do you recommend? Or is my equipment still good? (What I have from the beggining of the game and what I found along)

Thanks in advance.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It's suppose to be a game of discovery, Xen. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Short of gembags, potion bags and scroll cases, I leave it to your discretion on what you want to buy.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:10 AM   #3
Lymond
Manshoon

Xen,

I found you could go a long way just on the equipment you find.

They don't sell any one weapon that you'll find critical in an upcoming situation. It's not like you'll be facing 20 aliens and they sell a hammer +4 vs. aliens. You should take a look at what they have. As you progress in the game, you'll get more gold and a better feel for what you lack or just really want.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:22 AM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

You can get by with most weapons and armor that you find. The only thing I usually buy are mage spells to learn, and I would take a look at certain instruments for a bard. A certain horn (Horn of Valhalla) can prove very useful. However sometimes I like to buy the occasional weapon or armor to see haw it performs, feel free to experiment but do so within your budget.

[ 04-28-2004, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:23 PM   #5
Roboghost
Manshoon

I usually buy Orrick's [mage tower] stuff first (what you think you will use for a long time into the game). If you don't, then it will vanish after certain chapters end (and others begin ; )

In the beginning of the game, the mage power is of little help. Just buy a few spells (***see below***) and wait until you have saved up a whole load of spells and bump your INT up to 24 or 25 and memorize all of them at once.

I now have a Bard, but I'm waiting until I have a mountain of cash (usually after the Severed Hand) to buy that special Horn. All depends on your summing power; if you have no Cleric and/or Druid to help with summons, then that Horn should be bought early on.

Spell help:
Web [must pickpocket] and Chromatic Orb are all you really need (Magic Missile or Acid Arrow helps for spell disruption--so those might be good too.)

[ 04-28-2004, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Roboghost ]
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:45 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Check often with Orrick as his inventory DOES change throughout the game, usually at chapter breaks but not always at every one. Conlan's inventory is static IIRC.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:49 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Didn`t buy anything. Just went on. I am enjoying the game.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:50 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Orrick's stuff isn't THAT great anyway. Although IIRC, he is the only source for some spells in the game.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:41 AM   #9
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Dont be afraid to use your cash! IIRC, this is one of those games where you will be OVERLOADED with cash...kind of like BG2, but solo [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote