Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Sad

We the undersigned would like to have the Proving Grounds Arcane Archer reward changed to the Ancient Longbow of Divine Power, instead of the wimpy mage amulet...Especially those of us who didn't use Mage to get to Arcane Archer...

Robert the Bard...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
roddybug
Manshoon

Seconded

roddybug
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
StigTC

Thirded!

And while we're at it.
Wizard 39 / Fighter 1 is not a fighter.
Fighter 11 / Weapon Master 28 / Rogue 1 is not a rogue.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

I forth it, fourth it and, if I could, force it.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
javan
Zhentarim Guard

I'll take the fifth...

( [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] Err somehow that didn't come out as I intended [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )

Anyway I agree with Robert and the others! The reward should be geared to the class where you have the most levels.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:31 PM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
Thirded!

And while we're at it.
Wizard 39 / Fighter 1 is not a fighter.
Fighter 11 / Weapon Master 28 / Rogue 1 is not a rogue.
Well, more than likely the problem that surrounds this is how the prize is "calculated." Whatever the script is, I would guess it looks at the first class the character chose. If someone could devise an alternate script which would look at both (or all three) classes chosen and then go with the majority, then that would be the most viable option. Something along the lines of:

- get class_A **original/starting class of character
- get class_B **secondary class of character
- get class_C **tertiary class of character

- if class_B = "" then class_B = class_A
- if class_C = "" then class_C = class_B **so that there is no null values to screw things up

- setvalue "PrizeWinnah" = 0
- if levels(class_A) >= levels(class_B) then
- ... if levels(class_A) >= levels(class_C) then "PrizeWinnah" = 0
- ... else
- ... "PrizeWinnah" = 2
- et cetera **finding out which of the three classes has the most levels. tie goes to the earlier class chosen.

====
====

There have been enough items created over the past little while that all the various classes may have personalized new prizes being offered over the next few weeks/months. Remember, Ziroc is working on that new level first, so give him some time to really get into the new collection he's made for himself. For some reason, I have a feeling he'll have a solution for the prizes soon enough.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:45 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

I have a few monk 38 / rogue 2 characters and they get lousy boots instead of some cool monk gloves [img]tongue.gif[/img]

lets face it if you beat the DPG with a monk you deserve a bloody medal as well [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:08 AM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'd sure like to have a look at the Prize Script. I'll bet it can get pretty extensive to fix. The problem with your theory Moze, is that there are a lot of classes, and if you are going to award a separate prize for all them, you're talking a lot of code. It's going to need to know what classes, how many levels in each class, etc. I think the best solution for that would be to use a GetHighestClass, if there is such a function, and award that way, or maybe go by weapon focus, and have a set item. Where you can run into problems with the latter idea is a char like my latest archer, that's got a secondary focus in mace, along with the focus in long bow for AA. The original purpose of this thread was to suggest making AA's get the same award as the Ranger gets, which would make sense, since most people building an AA will focus in long bow for the extra damage over a short bow.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:26 AM   #9
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

It seems to make sense that a build that is mostly AA should get a bow as a reward so I will sixth (or whatever it is now) Robert's original post.

As there are so many combinations of build I just wonder whether it might be better to give anyone completing the DPG a choice. In other words they can take one item from the range of rewards on offer. I have no idea how difficult that would be in scripting terms.

BTW if anyone does want a set of Su Lee's gloves just ask one of my characters. They usually have a few spares in their inventory.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #10
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

How about when you hadn your stones is you get a store front brought up and you can pick 1 prize yourself.