Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 12:43 AM   #1
darnapkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

to be honest, i just love a 4 man team,, 8 is way too much, 6 is too much to keep track of, 2 is great but you miss out on some cool gear, and

4 is the right number!!

heh,, so with saying that

what 4 races/class, would be a great party in ds 3.0

the best person to answer my question would be a person that has played through ds 3.0, and think they have an idea, on the most powerful 4 man team

I'd want a Lord, thats for sure

a ninja is great, i see alot of throwing weapons and would like to build on this, sadly,, is a Fairy ninja,, still the best ninja? plus i love the spells a ninja gets.

that leaves 2 open spots,,,

how well is a monk is ds 3.0? using martial arts? i've seen a few things that give it a boost, but would it be worth it,, and how ths psy spell book in 3.0?

i would not want a sam, but what about a gadgeteer? i don't want to carry around myles all the time.

well, i'm up for anything [img]smile.gif[/img] please give me some advice [img]smile.gif[/img]
darnapkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

4 is a great number. spoilers ahead.

A Lord is a must for some of the uber weapons work mace and dagger. You will need a gadgeteer to finish the dagger but Modras could do that for you if you pick him up to just do that and then let him go. I found the rod of darts you get in the beginning works great however because the poision damage is 9. because of the way the mage spellbook works a Sam is a good choice because you can start with a mage go for 7 levels then switch to a Sam and by level 12 he is a pretty good caster and swordsman with all the bonus to hit items in the game. Athrowing ninja is great as well as train in mace or flail for the master nunchuck. It gives 20% KO. Duel wielding those really helps. If you don't take a Ninja then take a Ranger for the same spellbook, If you haven't played through once take the Ranger just for his scouting abillity. It really play well to have a priest just for the faster divinity build up and get the summon monster spell early especially for a 4 man team. I like to change my priest to a fighter later on after divinity is 75 and my divine realm is 65.
So a 4 man team after playing 3.0 12 times for me would be:
Lord train mace and dagger
gadgeteer
Ninja or Ranger
Priest/Fighter
All characters need to have throwing at 20 so you can throw all the granades you find in the game. You get gaurdian angel so fast that the priest can be a grunt for you and train his Mace and flail while he is fighting and casting.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:37 AM   #3
darnapkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

good,, thanks for the post, your right

my party is a lord, a ninja, a gadgeteer that i'm going to turn into a fighter close to end game i think, and a sam

i've had a pretty good time with the party, only a few problems,, if someone dies, i always reload and think what can i do better to win this battle and make sure no one dies.. though sometimes you do get lucky

well thanks for the tips,, this board is pretty much dead ,so i'll post how my party is doing to make get some people talking in here,, thanks
Old 12-11-2006, 07:55 AM   #4
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

If it is too tough in the beginning you may need a few levels of priest just for gaurdian Angel. This is a hard mod for 4 especially the monestary. You will probably be level 8 or 9 before you leave. The good news is the Sam can cast gaurdian angel in this mod so if you make level 5 the lord and sam can both take it. Remember the Sam can't use spell books.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
darnapkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my party is going okay right now,, its at a stage, where a big battle can kill everyone, so i have to kill a few targets, and run run run away [img]smile.gif[/img]

the sam is doing most my damge, i got lord buffing everyone with guardian angel,, though its not increasing his skill at it at all..

the gaggeteer and the blowgun is working very nice, and my ninja right now has become my healer as well as throwing bombs and other things

its going okay, i'll repost in about 5 hours [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I found casting gaurdian angel before combat begins does not work as well to boost divinity but certainly helps to have everyone guarded before combat. I'm not sure if you have found a list of different gadgets that were added and other things to mix if you want one let me know.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #7
darnapkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, my party is doing pretty good,, i really like the mod ds 3.0

my lord is doing pretty good, hes using the now polished rusted blade, forgot what its called and a stun mace

my ninja has 2 throwing weapons that always come back

my sam has a umm,, enthrilled katana and i'm also using the speed sword, its fun getting 7 attacks in a row

my gadget is pretty much using the shocker glove and being more of a support character,, i plan on changing her to something soon though,, maybe a thief...

anywho,, i do have one question

alot of the weapons add skills like snake speed and iron skill,,, do i need 100 in the skill before i can get the bonus from these?

thanks
Old 12-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #8
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

No if something adds +10 to snack speed then you will be able to have that ability withou 100 in the stat. Where are you now? Have you fought the large groups in Arnika?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #9
darnapkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

no, i'm still slowly making my way to Arnika,, i'm almost there
Old 12-19-2006, 05:42 PM   #10
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

It has changed quite a bit