Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2004, 11:07 AM   #21
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Im sticking with my samurai...since samurai's are my favorite warriors of all time. I just wish I could somehow get armor that actually LOOKS more like samurai armor/helmet. I will be making a ninja soon too, but wish I could get the head with the hood/mask that halflings get as an option for a human. I would go with elf, but they look too skinny in the legs with light armor on. I have NO clue how to do any custom stuff, including installing mods. My computer is not online, and this computer is not mine to put the game on (and wouldn't run it anyway).

Anyway, a pure tank is nice if you get a second character to help you. If you use a katana or a large weapon you won't need a second tank too much. As a weapons master I get HUGE chances to hit, and I crit alot. Get a caster or healer and you will be good. If you must play a rogue, I would only combine him with one other class to get max skill bonuses for a rogue. A prestige class would be recomended, as assassin and shadowdancer are wonderful characters. If you make a fighter/rogue/blackguard...you will be quite strong indeed. Start with rogue for the points, then level up in fighter, and alternate till 5/5, then go to blackguard. Then alternate from blackguard to rogue. Maybe put another level or two into fighter after epic level to get a few epic fighter feats.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:20 PM   #22
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

Nahh, as i said, i'm sticking with these 2 characters. Any sugestions on how to use them, level them up? I think i will level them up equilly, lesser xp penalty.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:59 PM   #23
ScottG
Drow Warrior

The XP penalty is minimal at low character levels (less than 9), only after that would I be concerned.

How you level-up is highly dependent on how you will play the character..

IF level 20 is your cap:

..If it were me I'd only use the fighter class for getting the weapon specialization feat (again 4 levels I think), and prob. only 3 levels as a theif.. the rest as a cleric.

[ 10-02-2004, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: ScottG ]
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 05:56 PM   #24
Stratos
Vampire

I agree with ScottG above; 4 levels of Fighter will grant you weapon specialization and 4 attacks per round by lv. 20 (assuming, of course, you don't mix in levels of Wizard or Sorcerer.)

Just remember that you need both Weapon Focus in whatever weapon you want to get Weapon Specialization in, as well as a base attack bonus of 4 to be able to pick Weapons Spec., so make sure you have that before you pick your last level of Fighter.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:54 PM   #25
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

I suggest the Blackguard. I'm playing one now on my other saved game and they get quite powerful. If you need to play as a fighter/cleric I would go with Blackguard/cleric. Just a thought, maybe I'll do this and post the results.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:25 AM   #26
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

Ok, thanks guys. I'll think on it...