Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2002, 09:52 PM   #1
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

What would you say are the best mods for NWN out there. I've heard that there are hundreds and i'm feeling kind of overwhelmed. Which ones should I do and which one's should i stay away from?
Old 09-14-2002, 10:00 PM   #2
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

ive heard the erm... wait cant thino f damn word...go to http://nwn.bioware.com and check out tis mod rating the best ones are ther.... hey man wanna go multiing next week?
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 09:46 AM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I haven't downloaded any yet, but the site does rate it's top 5, as rated by players, and the top 5, by volume of downloads. I think this will help alot in the decision making process. Plus, each is rated regarding level, role playing, hack and slash, etc., so you can really pick the game that's right for your style of play.

I've only played this game a couple of hours, but I like it more and more.

[ 09-15-2002, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-15-2002, 05:58 PM   #4
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

Go out and download the Penultima Series... A very well designed set of mods, with a good plot and sprinkled with alot of humor...

The Curse of the Azure Bond remake is very good also... A lot of plot and a fairly long mod to complete.

Pool of Radiance mod is also very tasty...

This site is the best site out there for mods and description of mods...

http://nwvault.ign.com/index2.shtml

Go to the official forums and check out the mod board for a better feel of mods you may want to try out. They have quite a few posts about alot of the mods, and will help you make up your mind about which ones to download...
Old 09-15-2002, 11:36 PM   #5
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks guys... I'll go check out those sites. I've heard that Dark Ranger's Treasure is pretty good with LOTS of high level treasure. Other than that I haven't heard very much except for the mod that Ziroc made, Undermountain. I need to try that one.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:12 AM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Piestrider:
Thanks guys... I'll go check out those sites. I've heard that Dark Ranger's Treasure is pretty good with LOTS of high level treasure. Other than that I haven't heard very much except for the mod that Ziroc made, Undermountain. I need to try that one.
I'm not sure where you heard that the Dark Ranger's Treasure was pretty good. It's very small. Monsters are easy to kill. You do get a lot of treasure, but it's heavy, bulky. Little more than a money maker mod really. It'd be easier just to go into a level up mod and get gold that way. I was really disappointed with the mod. I haven't tried the other two yet (this is one of the 3 pre-adventures that were setup when pre-ordering.)