Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2001, 11:26 AM   #1
lorac3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was wandering what the popular weapons were
if you have a fave weapon,cloak,ring ect. tell me and all other veiwers
my personal fave right now (I'm not very far only at the temple after
the vale of shadows)is the flaming sword of power I got or rather stole hehehe from Orrick the Grey in Kaldahar
high quolity long sword 2D8 +2
THACO +2
95% fire damage of 4D9
strength +2

if you have any cool weapons could you email them to me on:
lorac@bigpond.com.au thanku
lorac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:34 AM   #2
Gaelic
Elminster

You pickpocketed Orrick for that? Wow, the best I ever got was a ring of free action.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 02:12 PM   #3
Evil_Twin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My favorite weapon so far(i am in Chapter four)is definatly the Lonsome Road!! Available in Khuldahar it don't come cheap(52000 or something rediculous!!)
This is a Dwarfs dream weapon, a two handed axe+3 which gives a +1 constitution!!!!! My Dwarf fighter loves Constitution 20!!
Evil_Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 08:35 PM   #4
Axterix
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
You pickpocketed Orrick for that? Wow, the best I ever got was a ring of free action.
My guess is that's a hacked weapon or just a plain fake... D&D tends to not use 9 sided dice.

My favorites are the Flail of Mae (5% chance of stone to flesh) and Blood Iron (heals 3 hp every hit).
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 09:09 PM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

a sword of fire from Orrick? i'm sorry, but i don't think that sword exists?
there are some firey swords in the game, but i've never even heard of that one. in fact, i looked at all the items two days ago, and never saw that one. are you sure it wasn;t hacked into the game somehow with an item editor?

By far, the best weapon is the Morning Star of Action +4!
Damage: 2d4 +4
Thaco: +4
Special: 15% target is stunned; 1 additional attack per round

Almost anyone can use this weapon!
incredable! stun has to be one of the coolest abilities in the game. it totally disables a character (like whailing virings), and even kills trolls! i've never actually stunned Yuxonemai or Belhifet, but i suspect you can.

alose second favorite is the Shocking Flail +4 which offers 50% 2d3 damage and 20% chance to stun.

check out Game Banshee for a great items list.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/icewindda...nstruments.php
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 12:58 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I don't know if it counts but I like the Singing Blade of Aihonen

------------------
Why?
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 02:03 AM   #7
chaia100
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm VERY early in the game yet, but I like the Giant Greatsword - although noone in my party has the strength to use the thing!
chaia100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 07:42 PM   #8
Bluestar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think my favorite weapon is the axe of stunning. Stunning your enemy during battle is great. Unfortunately, for me, I think most of the cool weapons can only be used by characters with evil alignment. My party is made up of neutral or good characters.

Bluestar
Bluestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 03:08 PM   #9
ThanatosDoS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am not sure what the requisites are for the Great Longsword, but I just wanted to make sure you realize that during character creation, you can move stat points between your attributes. So, if you are rolling a fighter, and you get a 16 in STR, and a 16 in wisdom, or any attribute that is not important to a fighter, you can reduce your wisdom by 2 and place those stat points into STR, giving you a fighter with 18 STR, specializing him in his chosen field (especially since WIS is not a prime characteristic of a fighter)

"I moved all my intelligence points to charisma, so I would appeal to the ladies, but now I am too dumb to carry on a conversation with them, duh!"

------------------
Thanatos (Dispositioner of Souls)

ThanatosDoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 04:20 AM   #10
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

My favourite weapon is from towards the end of HOW:

The Hand of Gloomfrost

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D10 + 4
THAC0: +4
Damage type: Slashing
Special: +10% Fire Resistance, +10% Cold Resistance, Storm Shell 1/Day, 5% chance of Suffocate on the target
Weight: 10
Speed Factor: 6
Proficiency Type: Great Sword
Type: 2-handed
Not Usable By:
Druid
Cleric
Mage
Thief

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Xod is offline   Reply With Quote