Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 09:47 PM   #1
Arwin Shadowsteel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

I just got ID/HoW a few days ago
Anyway, I found some bugs today and I wonder if anyone else also noticed them.

1) In the Vale of Shadows in Krezzies cave you talk to some guy, I think his name is Talos. Not sure about this thought. Anyway, if you talk to him with a cleric (not sure it has to be a cleric but I don't think it worked with my fighter) you can get around 3000 exp if you say that it's just your opinion that undead are vile creatures. Well, after you have told him this you can continue to ask the same question any number of times and each time you get the exp bonus.

2) In the character info screen when you press the information button I've also discovered a bug(?). If you look at the table you can for example see that you have killed, let's say 300 enemies total. Then if you look at the chapter statistics it also says that you have killed 300 enemies in that chapter even if you don't. Is it supposed to be like this or is it a bug?

So if anyone else have encountered any of these bugs, please let me know.

-Arwin Shadowsteel
Arwin Shadowsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 11:10 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I think the game IWD offers different response from NPC depending on what class your PC is that is talking. SOme situations you will get different dialogue option if you are a bard or paladin... etc.
But the continuous giving on EXP over the same conversation is probably a bug.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 12:46 AM   #3
Khanar
Manshoon

I've got one. Occasionally, my view will just jump up towards the upper left area of a map all on it's own. Most annoying.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 12:01 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Khanar - turn off 'Critical Hit Screen Shake' or whatever it's called. It worked for me.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 02:36 PM   #5
Arwin Shadowsteel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How about the bug (?) on the information screen. Is it supposed to show the same numbers for both the chapter and the whole game even if I'm not in chapter 1?

-Arwin Shadowsteel
Arwin Shadowsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 05:51 PM   #6
Ukobach
Welcomed New User

does anyone have a problem with the character sounds. I installed HOW and now i can only access some of the out sound sets for the characters.
Ukobach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 08:39 PM   #7
Khanar
Manshoon

Yeah I noticed this last one. When my friend was setting voices for his new party (god, he just finished the game and now he's playing it AGAIN!), they were all listed, but sometimes they wouldn't work when he hit play to listen to them.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 09:55 PM   #8
Balgin
Elminster

Another bug for the list (not yet fixed in any official or unnoficial patch) is that the fight music only plays in the Vale of Shadows and only outdoors. I've had the character sound problem occassionaly but apart from those two there's been no problem.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote