Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2002, 02:13 AM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...29759340.shtml

Alrighty, any volunteers to run through this fairly short single player module? Please!!! I want and need your feedback!
Thanks,
Scott
Old 08-26-2002, 05:17 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

already downloading it chewbacca, ill tell you my opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2002, 07:41 AM   #3
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

yeh ill do it sounds like fun, do you want ur feedback in a PM or in here?
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 08:36 PM   #4
Mossy
Dungeon Master

Just finished it and found it very well balanced, however I was playing a 5th level rogue. I did create a new cleric to see how it would do and he was level 3 by the end of the tombs. The difficultly to me came off as a more 4-7 level then a 1st. Now some bugs.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

The monster corpse's don't give treasure most of the time. There should at least be their armor and weapon in the inventory screen when you click on them.

The Curst Rogues and Warriors were dropping their weapons upon death, instead of keeping them in their inventory to be collected.

Nothing in the gunpowder barrels and the only fire items I found were bolts. Are you supposed to shoot the barrels to free the 2nd exit? If so, then there needs to be fire arrows and bullets in the tombs as the merchant doesn't sell any. Also clicking on them holding a torch didn't do anything.

Traps were set too high, my 5th level rogue had trouble with some of them and there is a negative energy trap at the keep entrance that is undetectable.

The respawning undead at the entrance to the sencond level of the tombs. This would seem to encourge "camping" as you can return to the 1st level, rest, re-enter, slay the undead and repeat.

The mayor's corpse was clickable but had no inventory.

The locked doors in the Inn basement and the Orc caves said they needed a key but no keys to use them are found. If these are for expansions, then maybe a a line saying so?

KnockKnock ring is a level 3 item. Shouldn't be there at the start for level 1 players.

Sikkk when killed and clicked on drops his creature items. These shouldn't be there.

Also I didn't try this, as I only thought of it now, but do the town portal rings work on the Necromacer's plane? If they do, then some players may try to warp back to town after getting the sword and miss the confrontation with Sikkk.

Can't seem to finish the Cleric's quest. I brought him the book from the apprentice but the quest wasn't moved to the finished section and got nothing from him when I came back with Daybringer(dead version).

Also I couldn't seem to find anything else to do after returning from the keep. Is that as far as this one goes or did I miss something?

Now a few minor quibbles. Put more people in the Inn. All the remaining commoners should be there gaining courage though ale. Unlock the front door of the barracks. I thought that was one of the best designed areas I have seen but few people are going to see it and it has all the starting equipment 1st level players need.

E
N
D

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

All in all an excellent mod. I really enjoyed playing it and will be waiting for you to complete it so I can play more.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 10:52 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

Thanks Mossy!!! I totally appreciate this feedback!!!!
I'm hoping for a little more feedback about the suggested level, but admittely I only play tested as a first level and, well I knew what was around every corner as much as I tried to forget. I find it intriguing that you found it balanced as a level 5 thief. I will seriously take this into consideration, actually every comment you made I take graciously. This is exactly what I needed!

Spoilers
>
>
>
>
>
The powder barrels are there for "show" as the missing scout went in to blow the cave entrance up! I found a script that will allow for them to go bang, I may add it for flavor.

I plan on an OnEnterArea script for the Necromancer plane to disable the town portal rings

The respawning undead only do so 2-3 times to avoid abuse

The cleric quest! Damn I knew I forgot to finish that! Doh!

And yes, That's it after the keep, for now.

Thank you very much! [img]smile.gif[/img] My real job is really heating up this week, but I plan on executing some of the bug fixxes you pointed out this weekend. I will post updates as they occur and Im shooting for this one to be "Final" within 30 days.

Thanks again! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2002, 11:17 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
yeh ill do it sounds like fun, do you want ur feedback in a PM or in here?
Felix
Here is fine. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2002, 06:05 PM   #7
Chewbacca
Zartan

Bump!

And a notice of beta verson v.02 going up to nwvault on sunday 9-8. I am fixing lots of bugs and need help looking for anymore, as well as feedback on the dialogue, difficulty, treasure, ect. All of which has been and is being tweaked.

Tell me if you hate it and why too. [img]smile.gif[/img] I trust Ironworkers to do so without flaming. Thanks and happy playing!

Scott
Old 09-15-2002, 01:52 PM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

Thanks to my dsl being down for a week I missed the update deadline. So The module is updated now. Beta Version 0.2.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...29759340.shtml