Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2004, 06:41 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

I just "by accident" found myself in lvl 13 from the yarning tavern... Z I just have to say one thing. Those guys are FREAKIN IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL!!! Im already uber'ed up as much as possible with the items i found in your dungeon Z, and with my lvl 29 char with a +10 enchanted sword and 20hp/sec regeneration and an armor class of 39 (i think) and i was mincemeat in 10seconds by just one lowly figher drow. umm.. is this right? even with a party.. its freakin impossible if you ask me.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #2
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Mua hahahahaha time to bust out my Figher/Monk/Blackguard and go check it out. She is my only character that can free range level 12 without a worry.

[ 04-11-2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Teri-sha Illistyn ]
Old 04-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Well I got in there with my level 31 mage and he didnt have too tough of a problem. All the other players seemed to be attacking the drow, friendly or not and they were getting hurt. I took off to the Plane of Void and was by myself three for a while. There seem to be some bugs still on level 13 and dont think it is 'offically' open yet.

Z if your reading this, the shadow scorpians have script errors when using some sort of range attack.

The Darkness dont attack but appear hostile. If I damage them, then they attack back, probably a faction thing.

And also once in the Void, there wasnt a way out. The door wouldnt let me go through it, so I was kind of stuck there.

The round stone building on the lower right of the map has no entrance, but a door is visible.

The giant stone mountaisn dont appear on the map, not sure if it suppose to work that way or not.

Oh, and the giant dragon statue is very very cool.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:59 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, guess you found the secret test link to 13! Yeah, it's not official at all, just want to playtest it a LOT. Those Drow are too hard, and use way too many area effect spells. I'll work on them tonight or tomorrow, and The Scorp's have a script error, it's when they 'burrow' under the ground, I guess my copy needs a modified script for the tag name change.. Anyway, what you see is a slightly old build, but I'll send the new update tomorrow with the changes [img]smile.gif[/img] Should be better then!!

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:08 PM   #5
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Hey no problem, I spent a while down there collecting rings for various characters and checking as much as possable. I personally didnt fight any of the drow, my characters wernt up for that bit O fun, but the Void is just kick ass.

I noticed everything else was locked so I hung out there a lot ( mostly since I couldnt get back ) and enjoyed the vast mystery of it.

[ 04-11-2004, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Teri-sha Illistyn ]
Old 04-12-2004, 07:46 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

aye, you should at least give us a way back Z! and i was also wondering how you can go back all the way from lvl 11 to the yawning portal. I tried doing it by going all the way back up from lvl 10 but I got stuck in Lvl 7 with the xanther guilds.

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-12-2004, 10:50 AM   #7
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Harkoliar, if Undermountain were full of ways to get in and out of its deepest levels with no problem, it wouldnt have the reputation it currently holds.

Ive seen people pop in, pop down to 12, then complain cause they cant get back up past 10 ( door key ) and then leave the game. Also seen people that havent seen any levels besides level 11 and 12, that one kind of baffled me.

There was an area on 11 that took you back to level 2, but I guess that was a incomplete area.

Once you enter the bowels of Undermountain, it shouldnt be a easy 5 minute walk and your out... Halaster would seal it shut then triple his monster count on all levels, and burn Durin's Inn to the ground. It is Halaster's home/labratory after all and he dosnt want people just popping in and out at their leisure.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
There was an area on 11 that took you back to level 2, but I guess that was a incomplete area.
really ?? i havent found that one.. And, just to let you know, I have explored every level already teri (although not to the very detail). from lvl 1 to lvl 12. I reached far as lvl 6 then jumped to to ten went back up to seven.. then went all the way down to 12. and found 13 by accident at lvl 0 [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I was trying to work my way up from the lower levels to make it really "escape from undermountain ". I got stuck at lvl 7 though at the xanther guild because there was no way out. Maybe I will check the area again.

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-12-2004, 10:40 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Teri-sha Illistyn:
Hey no problem, I spent a while down there collecting rings for various characters and checking as much as possable. I personally didnt fight any of the drow, my characters wernt up for that bit O fun, but the Void is just kick ass.

I noticed everything else was locked so I hung out there a lot ( mostly since I couldnt get back ) and enjoyed the vast mystery of it.
How did you guys FIND the way to 13 anyway? Just searching for the heck of it? [img]smile.gif[/img] Cool!! BTW, Teri, did you notice the Drow merchant speaks in Drow unless you can translate it with a special item--is that what you were collecting? Cool huh?

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:43 PM   #10
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Yea, I was wondering what they were saying and didnt want to copy everything into the translator... then i stumbled on the item... so i looked for more.

First I read Hark's post and set out searching the Inn, I figures it might be in the secret underground passage area or in the tower, Ehrys asked somebody and relayed the message to me.

BTW, come in the mod if you have a sec, i have stuff for you (4/12/04 7:46 pm)

[ 04-12-2004, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Teri-sha Illistyn ]