Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 12:07 AM   #11
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Oh, ok. Thanks a lot! Two more questions (that I can think of now):

1) Are there any patches I need?

2) Are there any non-tutu mods out there?
2a) Are they any good?
Old 04-22-2005, 01:06 PM   #12
Khayne
Dungeon Master

1 non tutu mod is Dark side of the sword coast and yes it is a great mod.
Khayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:45 PM   #13
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
Oh, ok. Thanks a lot! Two more questions (that I can think of now):

1) Are there any patches I need?

2) Are there any non-tutu mods out there?
2a) Are they any good?
Go here...
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=1;t=003743
to see a good list of the mods for non-tutu BG1.
The ones I have played are:
1.The Vault- makes the game significantly harder(not as hard as HOF mode). For example.. a demon to fight in the Beregost Temple vestibule(good luck, very hard, never beat it),,,a GREATER WOLFWERE in the Ulcaster dungeon(these creatures are VERY hard to beat). I never finished the game with the Vault installed, made the game too hard for my taste.
2. The Grey Clan- supposedly makes the whole bandit quest slightly harder and the dialogs more logical, adds a couple of NPC's and another quest. I could never get the mod to "trigger", so I can't tell you any more.
3. The Forge- adds an NPC that can forge items to make them better. Good mod, recommend it.
4. All NPC's at the Beginning- allows you to recruit all npc's earlier in the game, EXCEPT for those that have to be rescued as part of questing..Dynaheir for example. Works as advertised.

The Original Saga comes with all official patches, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Fan-based fixpacks are NOT part of the Saga. You will need to install those.

[ 04-22-2005, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: ElfBane ]

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:34 AM   #14
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Thanks for that link, ElfBane!

Quote:
Originally posted by Khayne:
1 non tutu mod is Dark side of the sword coast and yes it is a great mod.
I've heard that you can't have TotSC installed with this mod.

1) Is that true?

2) What's the basis behind this mod?
Old 04-27-2005, 02:42 AM   #15
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

i dont think it is true, i havnt heard that. not sure about your other query though, sorry
Old 04-27-2005, 11:29 AM   #16
CamDawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The quality of Dark Side of the Sword Coast is... dubious at best. Chosen of Mystra just released a WeiDU remake of it a few days ago; it seems they've tried to address the many bugs and quality issues of the original.

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.
CamDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #17
Grog
Dungeon Master

You should find the Rebuild a much improved version of the MOD
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote